Monday, September 13, 2010

Mason's First Day of School

My little boy is officially a big boy! Mason had his first day of preschool today and he got through it with flying colors! At least I think he did. His teacher didn't ask to speak to me after class got out so I am assuming that means he did great. He, of course, won't tell me anything that went on but he didn't have an emotional outburst or lock himself in a room like his older sister did on her first day. I think that means he will be OK with this school thing. And I think I have finally had an experience where I can say raising boys is easier than girls. Yeah! I am so excited for this new adventure for Mason. He has always been in Drew's shadow, taking his cues from her behavior as to how he should act in social situations. It will be interesting to see how he does on his own. Hopefully some of Drew's obedience will have rubbed off on to him. He is a great kid and I know he will do just fine. I just got a tiny bit teary eyed when I left him but I soon got over that when I realized how quiet the house was for 3 hours today! What a nice respite. But I was just as happy to have my sweetheart home, chasing Darcy and making her scream and bringing the noise level up to where it should be. Congratulations Mason, you did great and I am so proud of you!

These were my attempts at getting a good picture for his first day of school. The last one is about as good as it gets. Oh how I love my Mason!



No comments: