Happy 2nd birthday to my Breezy! She is no longer a baby but she is still my "baby." She is getting long and thin and has just about lost all her baby fat except for those sweet, kissable cheeks! She LOVES to sing. She knows many songs already on the radio and quite a few church songs too. Even if she doesn't know the words she will mumble something till she gets to one she knows. I love it! I think I have mentioned before that Bree is a boundary pusher. She likes to be independent. No more stroller for her when we are out in public, she wants to be a big kid! Now if she could only convince Darcy its fun to be big. That lovely red spot on her head happened a couple of days before her birthday. With a bit of help from her brother, she fell and hit her head on the corner of the coffee table, splitting the skin wide open and bleeding everywhere. I took her to urgent care where they were thankfully able to just glue her head shut, no stitches needed. They did try to swaddle her so they could treat it but she was putting up such a fight and surprising the nurses with her strength. If she has a scar when she grows up its probably her own fault for not being cooperative. I think it has healed fine though and she can always cover it with bangs.
For her birthday we had a party with Aunt Sammy's family. We had pizza, a monkey cake, and all the ice cream you could ask for! Bree got more stuffed animals, a frog card that sings happy birthday with "ribbits," which I think is her favorite gift of all, and a racing track that she spends hours sending every toy imaginable down the tracks. I think she had a pretty good day. Bree is so darn sweet but also sour at times. She has the cutest little giggle and an annoyingly loud pity cry. She still sleeps in a crib but hates to be contained. Bree is a tale of opposites dwelling within her perfect little body which makes her the wonderful little blessing she is. We love you sweetcheeks!
1 comment:
That is THE cutest monkey cake!!!
Post a Comment