Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Happy 9th Birthday to Drew!

 Drew's birthday always seems to play second fiddle to Mason's baseball.  This year was no different.  We decided to celebrate Friday night instead of Saturday so we could avoid conflicting with Mason's game.  My parents were able to come and celebrate with Drew and then attend Mason's game the next day so I think it actually worked out well.  Drew chose Angel Delight for her birthday cake, which is what I always have on my birthday.  But, since we will be on the road this year on my birthday and I won't be able to make it, I was more than happy that she chose it for hers!
Last June Drew started reading the Harry Potter books.  She just finished the series about a week ago.  Her room is all decorated in things she has made from the books, including a very long paper chain Nagini slithering along her wall.  So for her birthday I got her a Hogwarts Banner, a couple chocolate frogs, and Bertie Bott's Every Flavor jelly beans.  The beans were a hit.  I tried a soap flavored, Paul had black pepper,  Mason ate grass, and Darcy said she loved the vomit flavored bean.  Yuck.  No one else would try that one.  She also got a new bike since she had outgrown the one she got on her 5th birthday, and also an area rug for her bedroom.  On Saturday, her real birthday, we went to Mr Fultano's so she actually got to party for 2 days straight and she wasn't complaining.
Drew is one wonderful kid.  I am so proud of her.  She is the biggest sweetheart, cares so much about others, always willing to help her siblings, always willing to give something up if another wants it, she is a great student, enjoys church, sports, reading, playing with siblings, camping, and playing computer games.  She started playing the piano this past year and is pretty good at it.  She is a driven young lady and I rarely have to remind her to do her homework or practice the piano.  She is able to manage her time well and freaks out, just like me, if she can't be somewhere 10 minutes early.  I love my Drewsy so much and I love watching her grow and become the wonderful person she is.  What a blessing!

No comments: