1) I am thankful for my relatively good health. My feet seem to be miraculously feeling better and my thyroid feels like it is under control. My re-root canal went as well as could be hoped for and it looks like it will work without me having to have surgery instead. I am so grateful I live in an age where there are trained doctors to diagnose and help me with my problems.
2) I am thankful for the health of my children. I have been following the blog of an acquaintance whose daughter was born 2 months ago with a kidney tumor. It breaks my heart to follow the process of the newborn receiving chemotherapy, and the effect this has had on her entire family. I admire my friend's strength and faith. I cannot express how thankful I am that I have never had major health issues with my children. Though they are spoiled rotten monsters at times, at least they are healthy spoiled rotten monsters!
3) I am thankful for Paul's new job. It has been a week and we seem to be doing alright with the change. I am grateful for the change it has brought us, even though it has been tough at times, change is good. It keeps me from becoming complacent and stuck in a rut. It keeps me on my toes and my mind active as I try to figure out the new best way to do things. I am also thankful that I am not the only adult home at night anymore. I'm not a big scaredy cat, I swear I've seen a real "live" ghost and lived to tell the tale, but I never enjoyed the idea that I was solely resposible for my children's safety all night. Of course nothing ever happened, but it seems like most weird stuff happens at night, or maybe I've just seen too many movies! Anyway, I am thankful Paul is home to keep us safe.
4) I am thankful for modern technology and the opportunity it has allowed me to keep in touch with, and reconnect with old friends. Whether through blogging, Facebook, text messages, e-mails, you name it. I would never have kept up with old friends if the only means of communication we had was writing letters or the telephone. Too time consuming.
5) I am thankful for friends. I have some great friends. Friends who thankfully understand that I am a better long distance friend than a next door friend. I feel like I know them and care about them just as much from a distance as I would if I saw them every day. I am also thankful for new friends who open my eyes and give me new things to think about. I appreciate being challenged in my thinking and invited to see other sides to things. It keeps me from getting too comfortable with myself and believing that I am right about everything.
That's what is on my mind at the moment. Ask me tomorrow and I would probably come up with an entirely different list. Happy Thanksgiving.
5 comments:
My thankful list is different every day! Happy Thanksgiving to your family!
Okay...I want to hear the story of your encounter with the real live ghost!
Great list!
I love it, healthy spoiled rotten monsters! My kids are too. There are so many things to be thankful for.
I am so thankful for YOU!!!!
And I was so happy to hear that you're thankful for this world of blogging and Facebook that I "forced" you in to!!!!
Love you so much!
Happy Thanksgiving!
(Can't wait to hear your stories!)
I'm so glad that your feet and thyroid are doing better! This was a sweet post :) Way to be for pointing out all the things we all have to be thankful for.
Post a Comment