Monday, November 17, 2008

"Normal" Family?

Today Paul started his new day shift job at Intel! We have been looking forward to this since he got the job in July I think, but due to circumstances beyond our control it has taken till mid-November for the job to really start. We are sooooooo excited. I kept telling everyone we will finally be a "normal" family with Paul home on the weekends and evenings and I will no longer feel like a single mom. Maybe I spoke a little too soon! As much as we didn't like the weekend night shift, we were in a groove with it. Now its all uncharted territory for me. I used to be able to schedule appointments on Monday or Tuesday and Paul would be home to watch the kids. Now I have to either find a babysitter or take all three kids with me everytime I step out the door. That will take some getting used to. This morning I had to pack up the whole crew to take Drew to preschool and I will do it again in an hour to pick her up. It could get annoying but I think we will get used to it. I am really looking forward to the structure it will give us. I will get Darcy on a set nap schedule so she won't be sleeping when its time to get Drew, and we should develop a pretty good routine now, I hope! I know most Moms are doing this already so I know I can do it too. It will take getting used to but I am excited to try. So far so good, but then its only 10am on Monday morning!

9 comments:

Paige said...

Yay!!!!! Hope the transition goes smoothly. :)

Marie said...

I don't think I could do a night shift, but I guess you do get into a groove...now you can enjoy your evenings with the whole family!

Aundrea said...

It will be nice to have him home...But, to be able to schedule all the appointments around dad being home with the kids?? That might be a toss-up for me:)

Anonymous said...

I'm excited for you! I bet once you adjust it will seem more "norml" than it does now because it's such a big change. And change is always hard, especially when kids are involved! Good luck! I am off on Monday's if you ever need some help, just call me and I can run over so you can run out without hearding the troops, too :)

Rochelle said...

Man that's a hard one! I'd love having two days to do what I needed but I'd love having him home on the weekends.

It's hard to switch things up!

Jodi said...

Yay...I'm happy for your guys that you get to be 'normal'...ha! Is there such a thing???

Please let me know if I can help you. I would be happy to watch the kids while you go run to an appointment or do some errands.

Elder Caleb Habel said...

Change is good right. I too hope your transisition goes smoothly.

Natalee said...

I am so happy that this day is here for you guys! I know how long you've waited and I know even more the struggles his horrific schedule have been on you!

All these transitional items will get worked out! You're an incredible mom and you keep your household running smooth all the time. You're amazing!

Thinking of you!

Gina said...

I am sure once you get used to the new schedule you'll love having him home in the evenings and on weekends.