Sunday, November 9, 2008

Pardon My Pride



Drew gave her first talk in Primary today! The Prayer and Scripture didn't go so well a few months ago so I wasn't sure what to expect this time, but she got up there and delivered her talk on prayer. I was so proud of her. It makes me nervous to speak in front of a big asssembly so I was thrilled she pulled it off. Preschool and Primary have done wonders for her shyness. I am so thankful for that.

Mason survived his second straight Nursery class today without Paul or I being in there with him. This is big news as he has been in Nursery for almost a year now. Last week we finally decided to just drop him off and leave. It helped that there is another teacher in there now. We figured if it got too bad they could always come get us but so far Mason has made it through, with some crying, yes, but overall I think he is doing OK. If there are parents out there who have observed differently then let me know! I am so proud of Mason too. I love to get through these stages with my kids and move on to bigger and better ones.

4 comments:

Marie said...

I heard Drew's talk because I was in there for Caylin. I was going to comment that she spoke very clearly and seemed to be pretty confident. Cute pictures of your kids in the grass and leaves, too!

Natalee said...

Hi! It's me...the one you're not talking to!

Just wanted to say that is so awesome of Drew to have gotten through her first talk in church! I'm sure it was just spectacular!

And I'm so glad we're out of Nursery! Jaxon was never hard to leave, but we had daycare to thank for that, but he was always so bored in there, so that was the only thing towards the end that was so difficult for him. But he loves Primary now!

Be as proud as you want! That's what being a parent is all about!

Anonymous said...

Way to go sweet Drew! And what a big boy Mason is turning in to as well! I hope that nursery continues to go well for him. My boys had a hard time, too, and it just broke my heart to leave them. I'm so glad to be past that stage now!

Jodi said...

Drew is growing up! Wish I could have heard her talk...I love listening to the little ones up on the pulpit.
I agree with the 'drop 'em off and run' method for nursery. Glad it is going well! You guys deserve a little break :)