Ghosts - My real "live" ghost story has been requested and I figure I better write it down before I forget it. I grew up in a haunted house. It wasn't ever "certified" (do they certify haunted houses?) but those of us living there knew it was. It was an old house that used to be a boarding house, and then a nursery until we finally took it over in pretty miserable conditions. My dad renovated the entire place over the 30 or so years of living there. Every room but the dark, dank, scary basement with rickety old wooden stairs. I don't know if the ghost always lived there or was just stuck in the basement because that was the one place untouched. We had food storage down there and an extra fridge so we were going down there all the time and nothing ever happened, but at night, you could hear someone walking up and down the basement stairs. My parents' room was right next to the door to the basement and dad will confess that he heard it all the time. Open the door and there was no one there. In order to get to the bathroom you have to pass by the door to the basement on the right, and the kitchen opened up on the left. One night a few years ago when I was home for a family gathering, I got up to use the bathroom. I was walking past the basement when I had something catch my eye in the kitchen. There, in all his glory, on the other side of the kitchen I swear was the ghost! He was a big guy, probably in his 50's, and I had the impression that he was a sailor. Maybe because of his white shirt, I don't really know. I kept on walking to the bathroom and he didn't seem to make a move. Once there, I literally had the pee scared out of me! With all my being I did not want to walk past that kitchen on the way back to my bed. I don't really even remember the walk back, whether I looked or not, but I took the stairs back to my room two at a time and jumped in bed! My parents have since moved and I don't think there was ever another sighting by my family, but I am sure I saw our ghost. He was a friendly guy I guess. I'm not sure why he chose to come out of the basement at last and I wonder if anyone ever hears from him anymore since he made the move.

Things That Go Bump in the Night - Seeing as how I am trying to be more positive and nicer to my kids, I would like to express my gratitude to them for devising this clever burglar trap in our front hall. I don't think there is a burglar alive who could navigate this gauntlet in the dead of night without ending up with a broken ankle. Thanks Drew and Mason for your thoughtfulness for our safety!
5 comments:
I COMPLETELY agree with your Twilight review...the actors just didn't do it for me either!
Logan will be fascinated to hear your ghost story. Her favorite show is "Ghost Hunters".
I'll have to start looking at the messes my kids make more creatively:)
Well it won't surprise me at all if I'm the only one that disagrees with your review. But I'm getting a lot of that...oh well, none of it is changing my mind!!! Reviews or not, I thought it was great.
I thought Jasper was hilarious actually. I laughed several times with his reaction to everything. I loved him most in the baseball game! Nice bat moves!
And I'm sure no surprise here either...I completely disagree about Rob Pattinson! I loved him from the first time he walked into the cafeteria!!! The way he acted when she walked into class was hilarious! I loved him better each time I saw it!
The only thing that I had hoped to see was more interaction with Bella and Alice.
But enough about that...I'll stand alone on this! :-)
WHAT THE HE**? I thought I had misread your "real-life" ghost reference but clearly I did not! Seriously, I was freaked out just reading your post! I would have LOST it had I walked into the room and there was a ghost standing there.! I'm completely freaked out.
And I love the Booby Trap that the kids put out! Very intuitive!
It is interesting that people either seemed to really love the movie or hate it. I have yet to see it.
I think I would have freaked out if I had encountered a ghost.
I think your kids were just making sure no ghost would be walking your hallways.
Great review! I agree with some of it...
I have the goose bumps from your ghost story.
I love the burglar trap!
You have the most helpful kids! I've always felt that anyone trying to break into our house would make so much noise tripping over the kids' stuff that I'd have plenty of time to call the police. Totally got shivers from your ghost story!
Post a Comment