Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Random Events

My Mason is keeping me on my toes. We can have a really great time one minute reading together before bedtime, and then a really frustrating time while he makes up his mind as to which pj's he wants to wear, not letting us help him get dressed and him screaming and kicking the entire time becasue he can't do it right, who he want's to snuggle with him, etc. All of which takes about 25 minutes! Getting ready for bed is not my favorite time, except for the snuggles when I am invited to snuggle with him and not his dad. He really is a huge sweetheart when he wants to be. I was laughing at him yesterday when we were cleaning the disaster we call a playroom. It was nap time and he wasn't helping us clean so I gave him the choice: take a nap or help clean the room. It was funny that the lesser of two evils for him was cleaning the room. I would have headed straight for bed had someone given me that option!

Darcy is getting so big! She is working on nodding her head and it is really funny to watch. She is babbling and waving and I think the bottom left tooth is just about ready to break through.


Drew came home from preschool yesterday and told me a story about how she and some friends were playing doctor. OK. One friend (a girl) decided to die and the other friend (a boy) kissed her on the cheek to wake her up. Drew thought this was hilarious. Then she told me he kissed her on the cheek too! And she wasn't playing dead. I tried to swallow that one gracefully and not make a big deal out of it. Its OK, no problem, no big deal, they were just playing, they don't know what kissing is really about, she's still my little spotless girl, uh huh, no big deal, I'm fine! I guess I should be grateful that she feels like she can tell me this, even though it means nothing to her now. Yikes, I didn't think I would have to deal with this for a while yet! I'm good with cleaning diapers, I don't know about this older kid stuff!

I'm not sure this was a staged expression by my dad. The kids really ran him ragged Saturday night while we were visiting grandma and grandpa. They had a great time and grandpa was able to move enough in the morning to make us his famous pancakes.


This is the reason for our trip! This is my new niece, Ruqayyah Hailie! She was born on February 20th. This is my youngest sister Samantha's first baby. She is infinitely sweet and just a tiny little thing. Darcy grew about 10 inches in my mind as I was snuggling with Ruqayyah. Boy I don't miss those days of struggling with a new born. I'll take a wiggly worm 8 month old on the changing table any day!
Paul's mom is home and doing really well. She is just waiting for the kitchen renovations to be completed and then things may seem back to normal. We had a good visit with her and the other members of Paul's family in the area on Sunday.

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Kissing already? oh my! The girls in my boys' lives have always shown their affection by chasing them, or kicking them. Love the new pics on your side bar- that's one good hat!

Rochelle said...

Darcy looks just like her dad! Love the cute pictures on the side bar!

Natalee said...

Jaxon has several "girlfriends" in his class..YES, girlfriends! He's been kissed before also. Quite the little ladies man I guess!

In the realm of all that the older kids put us through, I'll take pretend Dr. in Pre-K anyday! It only gets worse from there!

Love the new pics of you guys!

Nicole said...

What a beautiful new baby neice you have!! I'll have to have you pronounce her name for me though. I'm with you, I'd take the nap/bedtime order long before the cleaning one ;)

Anonymous said...

Oh how funny! About Drew and the kissing :) She will love this story in the future, as will you I'm sure when you are dealing with the real drama of raising a teenage daughter! This will seem like nothing :) Great new sidebar pics!!! Clever idea.

Jodi said...

Mason and Megan ought to get together for some real fun 2/3 year old temper tantrums! Megan is going through some of the VERY same issues. Drives me CRAZY!

Ben has a little girl friend at school that he says he wants to marry! When I asked him why he likes her so much he said it was because she likes to play 'super heros' at recess! Phew!