Drew - "Mom, where do these come from? (as she is holding a chicken nugget from McDonalds) Do the chickens poop them out?"
Me - "No, they kill the chickens and then you eat the muscle. Its called meat."
She threw me a horrified look and shouted "YUCK!" I guess not Yuck enough to quit eating the nuggets though. I'm not sure why my expanation was any worse than what she was thinking!
I remember as a Sunbeams teacher years ago I had to teach a lesson on where food came from. I was a bit leery as I was preparing the lesson and thought maybe the kids' parents should be teaching them the info. I watched my little 4 year olds' innocence slipping away as I explained that hamburger is really cow meat and chicken is literally a chicken. The eyes and mouths widened in horror the farther along I got in my lesson. I'm surprised Drew didn't have the lesson last year but maybe her teacher was smart enough to skip it. Or maybe they took the lesson out altogether. I will have to have this conversation again in a year or so as Mason was racked with giggles thinking about the chicken pooping out nuggets. He never even heard the right expanation. The joys of being a mom!
7 comments:
That made me laugh! Really, why was eating poop more appetizing than eating muscle? When you really think about it all it's pretty gross...too bad I like the taste so much or I might just become a vegetarian!
Isn't being a parent fun...sometimes I am honest with the girls and sometime we have a little fun with them!
It's so fun to see their thought processes. I would much rather eat a dead animal than it's poop!
I had to read this one to Jeremy. That is so funny! Seriously, poop over muscle? That is awesome!
I love these kind of conversations - they make me giggle as you try to see things through their eyes:)
I can't decide if I want to laugh or vomit in my mouth! I kindof like the idea of a cute little chicken pooping out nuggets...better than killing a chicken and eating it's muscles :( UGH.
I found your explanation nauseating for some reason! I'll stick with Drewsy's idea! Somehow that's not making my stomach turn.
If I didn't know better I'd think I was pregnant!
Post a Comment