Yesterday was opening day of T-Ball! We missed the opening-day festivities at the Moose Lodge since I was working and Paul worked the night before so he was still sleeping when it was all taking place. But I wasn't too upset, how much T-ball related stuff are we really supposed to take when we are 4? We made it to the jamboree game, which was only 2 innings but seemed like a life time! Games are 4 innings and I think it will take all day to complete one. I am so looking forward to it! Drew has a game Monday at 5, which is going to run over into my NCAA championship game which starts at 6, but I signed her up for this so I can't complain. Grumble, grumble. We, with maybe the exception of Mason, actually had a lot of fun watching the game. The first inning Drew was the catcher for her team. The gear is WAY too big for her and it is hilarious to watch her move in it. Check out the video if you want proof! She was a trouper though, and by the end of the inning she was even running a bit in it and going after the balls. She did a great job in the field, and by that I mean she was actually paying attention and not picking flowers. She told us after the game that she fielded two balls, which I was surprised to hear because I didn't know we were keeping track! She had a couple of great hits too, and I heard one of her coaches mention that she could hit pretty hard for being so small. That's my star athlete! She is actually the smallest and youngest on her team since she is still only 4 and some of her teammates are 6. I have to say I think I have the cutest T-baller around!
Happy Birthday Paul! I missed posting about how old you are getting on your birthday a week ago! You are almost catching up to me! I love you tons and hope to get at LEAST another 33 years out of you (oops! did I just mention your age?).
Last Sunday Paul was able to participate in the blessing of my new niece, Ruqayyah. It is so neat to watch him be there for my sisters and their families. We had an interesting "testimony" borne by a man off the street, disputing just about everything we Latter Day Saints believe in, but it was sooooooo great to hear the testimonies of those who followed. Basic, core testimonies were borne about the true tenants of the Gospel and there was definitely a strong Spirit in attendance. Its always iffy when you have family members who aren't in the church who attend blessings, because you never know just how crazy the testimonies might get at times. But I think those in attendance this time got a really good explanation of our beliefs and it turned out very well.
6 comments:
Drew is just too dang cute lost in all her gear! I love the way she hobbled onto the field in the video.
And Happy Birthday to your husband, I'll just pretend I didn't catch how old he is ;)
That testimony meeting sounded pretty cool, I have never experienced someone coming in off the street like that and disputing anything, but oh my if I did it would probably be a time where I would have wanted to get up right after and set him straight! But it sounds like many people did just that, and that the Spirit was still present and the sweet messages well received.
So how do you pronounce your nieces name?
Drew is SO cute in her catcher's gear! And I personally would recommend always skipping opening ceremonies. I think we're playing you guys on Monday, Rowan has a game at 5 that day too.
Love you guys!!!!
Tyler's baseball game took 2 hours yesterday! EEKS! I'm dying, I'm praying Thatcher isn't ever into baseball, ever!
Drew looks adorable, that picture makes it worth it!
We love this time of year wil all the ball playing - I have learned to appreciate t-ball. The kids are so cute and even though it takes forever they seem so happy (most of the time) Autumn loves being "pitcher" especially when everyone else is telling about their positions and what they do she just chimes in "I am the best pitcher our team has ever had!" It is adorable!
YES...the games DO take forever! I am looking forward to seeing you out on the field. I'll keep my eye out for the green team :)
Post a Comment