Mason and Drew like to mash the berries for the jam. We had splatters all over the kitchen but I guess that is part of the fun! I can now mark strawberries off my list but I still have blueberries, peaches, apples, and apricots on my summer preservation schedule. Its tons of work but also lots of fun.
Tuesday, June 9, 2009
Strawberry Season
Yesterday we headed out to Sauvie Island to pick berries! Drew was a great helper, Mason had a great time throwing dirt clods, and Darcy was eating the
berries as fast as we could get them in the buckets. We ended up with 13.75 lbs of ripe berries, which equates to lots of jam and lots of dried and frozen berries.

Darcy probably should have been weighed before and after so we could pay for all the strawberries she ate. I caught her with stems in her mouth a couple times but they didn't slow her down a bit! I purposely dressed her in clothes that could be ruined!

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I had planned to include my kids in the jam making part. Didn't happen. I figure that they can help when I do peaches later. That way they aren't up until 11:30 like I was. Joelle keeps telling me it was the BEST NIGHT. Works for me! It might be nice to have a child that likes manual labor.
Boy aren't you ambitious! LOVE the pictures of Darcy covered in berry goodness! So cute!
I'm glad Darcy got her share of the berries!! She looks too cute covered in juicy goodness :)
Again...left feeling completely inadequate!!!!
Post a Comment