Sunday, January 23, 2011

Bree is (almost) 1!


We celebrated Bree's 1st birthday with both side of the family at . . . a bowling alley! I know it seems like a strange place for a 1 year old to celebrate their big day, but I figured we just had a bunch of holidays where we all had to sit and talk to each other and this way you could avoid whomever you wanted! Also, I didn't have to come up with a big meal for everyone so this was easiest on me. And when Mommy is happy, everyone is happy, right? Bree seemed to enjoy all the attention from grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins. She got some nice clothes and lots of great new books. The kids had fun bowling, except for Darcy, but her shoes were pretty cool anyway. Bree enjoyed her chocolate cake and appreciated everyone making the effort to celebrate her big day. We had the party 2 weeks early in order to get the most family as we could there. It is always difficult with an extended family as big as ours to find a time that works for everyone. Thankfully I will never have to throw a first year birthday party again. But Drew does get baptized next year so I guess we move into that phase of parties. The fun never ends!




The grandmas had a fun time watching all the grandkids bowl. I think.



No, Mason is not left handed. Someone should have shown him how to do it right I guess. . .dad!




Drew was pretty good. She loves to bowl!




Darcy and her awesome shoes. Man I am going to have some great blackmail material when Darcy gets older. It seems almost every picture of her for the past year has been of her crying.

2 comments:

Jodi said...

I love your honesty about avoiding having to talk to family...so you had it at a bowling alley! You make me laugh!

Happy Birthday, Bree :)

Candy said...

I can't believe how fast time goes by - January birthdays are so fun! I miss Mason in my class:( Your talk today by the way was awesome!!!!