Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Happy Birthday to Us!

Darcy and I have birthdays 2 days apart in July. Right after the 4th of July, which means we eat, eat, eat and party, party, party for a week straight! As you can see, Paul was more interested in getting a picture of my "cake" than of me blowing out the candles on my cake. It may look funny but this stuff is heavenly! Thus the name, Angel Delight! And also because its angel food cake I guess. I make it only once a year for my birthday and man, it is good! Too dangerous to allow myself to make it more often. For my birthday we went to the park by the river and ate Subway sandwiches. Fine with me, I didn't have to cook! We had a beautiful sunny day and it was so nice by the river. We even got to see a huge ship go by. I got a timer and soaker hose, so I wouldn't lose my garden while on vacation, and a Kindle! I am an old fashioned kind of girl when it come to books . . . I like them, so I wasn't sure I would be interested in the Kindle. But boy, I am like a kid in a candy store! All those books at my fingertips, where all I have to do is enter some credit card number and then in seconds I have a newly released novel in the palm of my hand with little effort on my part . . . Awesome! I took it with me on our vacation and loved it. The hard part will be stopping myself from buying every book I can think of. It was a really nice birthday this year, topped off by Mason's guess that I was turning 20. I love my son!

Miss Darcy turned 3! For some reason mom scheduled the roadtrip to begin the morning after Darcy's birthday but that didn't stop us from making a puppy dog cake as per her request, and decorating the room with streamers and party hats! Its hard for me to believe she is three. I call her and Bree my babies but that really isn't true anymore. Darcy will play outside with Drew and Mason and I can trust her to follow directions and rules and be in control of herself. Darcy has always been my sunshine baby and just one look at the smile that takes up her entire face will keep me going. Now unfortunatley, that smile doesn't come around as often as it did when she was a baby. I have discovered with all my kids that the most trying stage for me is the last few months of being 2 and the first few months of being 3. I don't know what it is about that age but Darcy is struggling. We are still trying to potty train even though we started on January 1st. She just isn't doing it. She seems to cry at the drop of a hat, and we are also trying to figure out nap time, whether we need a nap time or not. Mom says yes, Darcy says no. So, we are having our struggles but we will get through it all, soon I hope. Darcy loves animal, stuffed and real. She sleeps with at least 20 stuffed ones on her bed every night and comes down in the morning with arms full of them. They make it into the car with us too. Too bad her mommy is so mean or else she would be great with a pet around the house. Oh how I love my Darcy. At night I give her a kiss and tell her I love her, she puts her arms around me and pats my back and says "love you too mom," with that sweet little 3 year old voice, and I just melt. I have been known to go through the ritual 5 or 6 times in one night just because it is so sweet. Hopefully this year will bring good thing to my Darce and she can find hapiness and independence !

No comments: