
Mason started kindergarten this year! He was so ready to go, and I was so ready for him to go, or so I thought. The night before the first day of school I was helping him with his prayer and I was just sobbing at the thought of him leaving me. I am no longer his primary source of information, I will loose my smartest person in the world status to his teacher, if he is anything like Drew, and he will have interests and friends that I am no longer a part of or in control of. Yikes this is hard on mom! He seems to be doing great though. He has come home with a Mustang award 3 days running now. I don't know what he will do when he finally doesn't earn one for being good. He is much more easy going about the whole school thing than Drew is or was. I am so excited for him and all the amazing things he will learn to do in the next nine months. Pretty soon I'll have 2 kids reading! Amazing! And since he gets home at 10:30 its not like he's gone all that long. Those of us left at home are already starting to adjust, but I miss my little guy every once in a while.

Miss Drewsey is in 2nd grade! Been there, done that. She's a pro at full day school, riding the bus, navigating the cafeteria. She is big girl on campus since their school tops out at 2nd grade. She will have 2 teachers this year, as her main teacher is on maternity leave till Christmas. I think she will be fine though, she just trudges right along, doing all that is asked of her and enjoying the learning. She would probably name a school subject when asked what her favorite part of school is, where Mason has answered with recess and the toys in his classroom. 2 totally different kids but I know both will have great years!
No comments:
Post a Comment