
Drew, Darcy, and Bree. My girls! Growing up I never imagined I would have kids. Let alone 3 girls! If anything, I thought I would be best at raising boys but I will honestly say at this point I am glad we have three girls and one boy. Nothing against Mason of course but he is all the boy I need! I have beautiful, nice, fun, loving girls. Girls I have big dreams for. Well, I have big little girl dreams. I haven't gotten to the big big girl dreams yet, I am trying to enjoy the stage we are in. My dreams for my girls are simple, they take ballet, piano lessons, and play as many sports as I can get them into. So far those dreams haven't exactly come true. Drew refused to even attempt ballet, she took t-ball for 2 years and called it quits, and we don't have a piano so there have been no piano lessons as of yet. Well all this is about to change! Next fall I am signing Darcy up for ballet. I think she will do it and have fun with it. She is always shaking her booty at home and she is a lover of music so I'm pretty sure she will do well there. I took ballet for 9 years and loved it so I am hoping at least one of my girls will follow in my footsteps and love it too. Right now I'm counting on Darcy to do that for me! Yes! One dream fulfilled!

Dream 2 was realized last November when Drew signed up for basketball, with a little cajoling from me of course. The first game I wanted to cry. For her and for me. She had never touched a ball, they didn't have any practices before hand, and she had no idea what she was doing out there. She was trying her best to be invisible and my heart was breaking. I could tell she was having an awful time and of course I thought she would want to quit and that would be the end of my basketball dream for at least one daughter. I played basketball, volleyball, and softball in high school. Sports were, and still are, my life. I am still crossing my fingers that my kids will love them as much as I do, but I am prepared to be the biggest sports fan in my house if necessary. I just want them to try different things and see if they can love it on their own, and have fun in the process, as Paul always reminds me. I think Drew eventually did. After some team practices, and some Drew requested practices at home in the garage, she really got the hang of it and started to enjoy it. She was awesome at defense, she made a couple of baskets during games, had some steals, a few fast-breaks, great passes, etc. I had fun watching her grow from wanting to be invisible to willingly getting into the middle of the action and chasing after balls and rebounding. I am so proud of her! I think she came away with a respect and if not love, a liking for the game. She wants to play again next year so I am a happy mommy!

Bree a girl with boundless potential. She is all about acting older than she is and she can't wait to be a big kid. I see her as a force to be reckoned with in whatever she chooses to undertake. She is full of spitfire but she is the cutest little Breezy I know! I can't wait to see which one, or 3 of my dreams she will accomplish, along with dreams of her own of course. If she happens to have the dream of being a cheerleader, as much as I will want to disown her, I will support her in it. But please don't test me on that one girls! As my girls grow I will come up with new hopes and dreams of course. I hope I can be the type of parents that has dreams but doesn't push them too hard on their kids and respects their choices and supports them in THEIR dreams. Time will tell but I think I can do it! If not, its something they can discuss with their shrink in 20 years.
No comments:
Post a Comment