Wednesday, August 1, 2012

5kFoamFest

 5kFoamFest was a blast!  I saw an advertisement in the local paper for it and knew I had to sign up.  The only problem was my racing partner was going to be out of town the weekend of the race.  I signed up anyway and had to do some heavy recruiting to find people to race with me.  Finally I convinced my sister Candace and my bro-in-law Shane (Samantha's husband) to join me.  Here we are looking clean and happy before the race began.
 Now when I say "race" I use that term lightly.  For some reason the organizers didn't have a very good flow set up so we kept getting stuck behind people on obstacles, waiting to take our turn.  It was nice to get a breather but it messed up any sort of rhythm.  And I don't think it was even timed, the whole point of this adventure was to have fun and get messy!  Here we are "racing" up the hill at the end of the race.  There was a bottleneck at the final obstacle so we didn't even attempt running it.  Well, we did, we just didn't get very far running ;)  Mason joined me at the very end.  I'm not sure he is very impressed with my crazy races.  He always just looks at me kind of funny, like I have lost my mind or something.
 Climbing the cargo net.  Its fine till you get to the top and have to get yourself over to the other side while looking 20 feet straight down.  Mission accomplished though.
 We thought we were such a mess here, before the last obstacle.  Ha!  Actually, we were a mess.  This was the result of taking an 80 foot slip-n-slide covered in foam face first.  With a big huge mud pit at the bottom.  That was hilariously fun.  I swear we were going about 60 mph!  I got my hand slipped under a cut in the plastic and some how my arm was pulled back out without breaking in half as I'm racing down the hill.  I have a HUGE ugly bruise on my left arm.  I seriously don't know how I didn't end up breaking it. 
 The final obstacle, a foam covered bouncy slide.  I got up from this and couldn't see a darn thing.  The guy with the towel kept telling my "I'm right in front of you." but I couldn't find him!  I must have looked like a real idiot!  Well, yah, just look at me.  Who in their right mind pays money to do this?!
Here we are in all our glory.  What a mess.  It was tons of fun though.  I would do it again if they could guarantee a better flow of the race.  I had so much fun racing with my family this time.  Maybe next year I will sign up early enough so Drew and Mason can compete in the 1 mile kids' race.  My racing for this summer is over now.  Jodi and I decided to skip the Warrior Dash since we already conquered that course last year ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love these pics Tiff...you guys look great!

velvetelement said...

Looks like a fun and dirty day!