Monday, January 13, 2014

Odds and Ends

Yeah!  Congrats to Drew and Mason on receiving their Certificates of Recognition for Outstanding Work!  I was holding my breath until Darcy realized that she was not receiving an award too.  I wasn't sure what her reaction would be but she was OK, she smiled and waved at us as we walked by her at the assembly.  She still has 3 more chances this year, I'm sure her time will come.  We are very proud of the effort and hard work our kids put into their school work.  And I love that they are such avid readers!  Drew raced through the Little House on the Prairie series (which she loved) and received tons of book for Christmas.  Mason stayed up till 10:30 reading the other night!  Paul looked at me and said "what kind of kid stays up all night reading?"  MINE!

And then there is Minecraft.  It has invaded our home and taken over the lives of these two.  They actually pooled their money to buy it in November, even though I promised them they could have it for Christmas.  They just couldn't wait!  Now they are obsessed and I just don't get it.  They were nice enough to let Darcy play so now all three have to juggle computer time between themselves.  Here Drew and Mason are raking leaves to earn more time since we put a cap on their weekly screen time.  Now if I could just put a cap on their mouths when they regale me with all their stories of their "adventures" in the game.  They both constructed LDS Temples that were pretty cool though.  I don't know how they come up with the ideas for the things they make.  Hopefully they will get sick of the game soon because I am already done hearing about it.

No comments: