July, on both sides of our family, is full of birthdays. Darcy and I are lucky enough to be two days apart, with my birthday two days after the 4th of July, so we party for about a week straight! We went to Corvallis for a picnic and fireworks with family and I had my birthday cake then. My real birthday fell on Fast Sunday so I pretty much didn't bother trying to make it worth anything. Poor me. When I turned 13 my birthday also fell on a Fast Sunday. I sooooo didn't want to be a teenager so I thought that birthday on a Fast Sunday was about as bad as you could get. Just call me Eeyore. Darcy, on the other hand, had a great birthday! She was excited to turn 6 and be a big kid. Our house is big on My Little Ponies all of a sudden (Mason included) so Darcy requested a pony cake. At first I was going to have to recreate Rainbow Dash on a cake top but she let me off the hook and I ended up frosting grass with a river and she put her ponies around it. Whew! She received a Rainbow Dash stuffed animal, a Lego horse barn set that both she and Drew wanted and she got it! Yeah Darce! You beat Drew! Drew was not happy but she ended up building most of it for Darcy anyway. She also got Juggle Bubbles (as seen on TV). All in all it was a great birthday I think. Darcy is excited to go to school full time this fall, hoping to have her best friends in her class again, and looking for just the right Little Pony lunch box to carry with her. She is such a big girl, I would guess she is 7 by looking at her but nope, just 6. She is just shy of Mason's growth chart at this age and well beyond where Drew was. She will probably be my tallest girl. Darcy is still my sunshine baby. She has a smile that lights up the room and she can be, at times, my easiest to deal with. Not to say that she doesn't have her struggles but she is a very obedient little person and never throws me attitude. I love my precious little red-head! Happy Birthday Darcy!
As you can see, Bree got a Little Pony too. She threw a fit when she saw Darcy's so we gave her her Fluttershy stuffed animal we bought at the same time. We justified it by saying it was the gift she never chose when she was potty trained. All the others were bribed with a gift but she never needed the bribe, she just did it. Must be nice to be the youngest and get everything you want!
1 comment:
Happy B-Day Darcy!!!
Post a Comment