Tuesday, January 17, 2017

OSU basketball camp 2016

We headed to OSU basketball camp the day after our beach house adventure.  Drew invited her friend Autumn to join us this year which made it a lot more fun for Drew.  She gets a little intimidated by those bigger girls at camp so it was good for her to have a friend.  Bree, Darcy, Drew, Autumn, and Ruqayyah were all campers this year.  All 3 of my girls were in different age groups so it was fun trying to get to see all of them play, sometimes simultaneously, and keep them all fed in between sessions.  We did it and they survived!  The OSU womens' team, who had just played in the NCAA Final 4, were the coaches and Darcy had my favorite player, Gabby Hanson, as her coach!  I was so excited, I acted like a total dork and got my picture taken with her!  She was a good sport.  Darcy started slow and then got into it all.  She was playing full court with the regulation baskets for the first time so it was a change at first but she was good in the end.  Bree totally dislikes basketball I guess and she was not having fun.  But I know I saw her smile a few times, I think.  I won't force her into going this year if she dislikes it so much.  Mason is always a good sport being drug around from court to court to support his sisters.  We also got some swimming in and had fun hanging out with cousins.
 




 
 

 

No comments: