Saturday, November 8, 2008

Odds and Ends


Darcy, Darcy, Darcy. . .My littlest sweetheart turned 4 months old today. Time flies! My thriving 3 month old has turned into a finicky 4 month old. Darcy has always been a good nurser till just a few days ago. It seems like she just can't get enough to eat and its wearing me out. So I busted out the formula and she absolutely refused to eat the Similac. Luckily I had some Enfamil samples on hand and she grudgingly downed a couple ounces of that. I guess its my fault, I spoiled her by nursing exclusively. Nursing didn't work with Drew, and Mason got tired of me before he turned 4 months, so I was excited that it was working so well with Darcy. Maybe I should have introduced formula sooner so she wouldn't be so set in her ways. Surprisingly she was eating the rice cereal we gave to her for the first time this morning. That should hopefully help fill up her tummy a bit and take some pressure off of me. Other than eating challenges, Darcy is growing and growing. She seems to be too long for all her clothes, but chunky-wise she is still OK. Totally different from her siblings. They were fat babies and you could tell just by looking at them. Darcy hides her rolls well on her upper thighs and the back of her neck! She is working on her tummy muscles and would LOVE to sit up and play with Drew and Mason. She is always smiling and she makes the rest of us very happy to have her around!


She's a pro at funny faces



MMMMM, rice cereal!




Drew loves to play in the leaves. She loves Halloweeen. SHE LOVES FALL. It was wet and cold outside but she insited we get out there and make a pile of leaves to jump in. I wish I had her enthusiasm for the simple things. I love to watch how excited she gets over all the little things. But then, at this point in her life, most things are little things. I can't wait for Christmas with her this year.





Little brother doing whatever big sister is doing, whether he really likes it or not. Its enough that Drew likes it!

3 comments:

velvetelement said...

What fun kids. Darcy is a cutie pie! I wish we were closer and could hang out with all of you. Have fun with the new schedule! I can't wait for first grade for Grace. Right now she is in kindergarten and Laura in preschool so I feel like I am constantly dropping off or picking up. Carpooling helps a bit with that. Have fun having Paul home!

velvetelement said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
velvetelement said...

Sorry I had to delete that comment because I hit publish twice and I figured you didn't want to read that paragraph two times! Aren't computers fun?