Friday, October 31, 2008

Trick-Or-Treat!


Darcy wasn't real thrilled. She and I quit early.


I think they were waiting for the door to magically open without them having to knock.



The candy haul. Plenty for little bodies.

I am a bit disappointed with Halloween this year. Usually the neighborhood is full of kids that knock on our door for hours. We had 2 kids after 8pm. And I bet there were at least two dark houses to every one house giving out candy. I wonder what was different this year. One of my favorite things about our neighborhood is how great a place it is on Halloween. Not so this year. We were stuck with tons of candy but luckily Paul had to go to work so he took it all with him. Drew and Mason had a good time, once they realized they actually had to ring the doorbell if they wanted any candy! I guess I will shift gears now and focus on Thanksgiving and Christmas. Hopefully next year will be a bit better.

8 comments:

Rochelle said...

Happy Halloween! I think most people stop around 8pm?? The streets did seem packed until about 8:30 on our street! Hmmm?

Cute costumes!

sheila said...

So why am I the last to know that you have a blog. I just got done reading your 100 things. GWTW iso ne of my favorite books. I have read it a few times but refuse to see the movie because I don't want it to do the book injustice. Don't tell Hayden that you have jigsaw puzzles going at your house, she would make you adopt her. I also love to read and my idea of a good time is also curling up with a book, but a can of diet coke instead. And alone? puh-lease. I'll settle for just tuning everybody out. The alone part happens after the kids are gone. It's funny to me that you proclaim that you are a loner, but that you were putting together a prom, tons of sports, and on the student body council. Maybe you got socialized out in high school....
It was fun to read and to see how much we have in common. And I'm happy to say that I get to fill one of my bucket list items next summer. I hope you get to fill some in soon!

Aundrea said...

Love the costumes! We got rid of most of our candy at the church, but still had to steal our kids candy to hand to trick or treaters that came to our house...I was grateful that there were no "late callers" last night:)

Anonymous said...

Cute costumes! Sorry it was kind of a bummer night though. Maybe next year will be a bit more lively :)

Natalee said...

I'm sorry it was a bummer! But the kids looked adorable!!!!

I'm posting our stuff on Facebook because of the "contest"...

And sorry, you were wrong again!
The interview was long over! THINK out of the box and LIFE CHANGING!

Jodi said...

Your kids look stinkin' adorable! Love the polka dot tights :) Sorry that you ended up with all that left over candy...next year we will come over and trick or treat YOUR house!

velvetelement said...

Great costumes! It was slow at our house too. Maybe more people did events like trunk r treats, zoos, malls, etc. We definitely had more last year though. By the end I was telling kids to take a hand full to get rid of it!

Nicole said...

Man alive, your kids are getting big! It's fun when they get old enough to really enjoy Halloween.