Thursday, October 23, 2008

"Super Why" Mason


Mason wanted to be Super Why from the PBS kids show for Halloween this year. Luckily we have an Incredibles costume that he thinks is good enough for Super Why. He has been wearing this costume day and night for the past week, including the mask that squishes his eyes, nose, and ears, and the hot and sweaty rubber boots. He is happy with it and it cuts down on my laundry so I'm not complaining! He just makes me laugh. Last night I was helping him with his prayer and I said "Thank Thee," thinking he would repeat after me like usual, but instead he said "pumpkin patch, apples." I had to stop myself from laughing. I love to watch his mind expand and grasp new concepts every day. He is speaking in mostly complete sentences now and putting ideas together. He's becoming a real person!

4 comments:

Aundrea said...

I LOVE the squishy face picture. He is too cute:)

Jodi said...

My goodness...he is SO cute! I love when they start to communicate and become their own little person. Can't wait for Megan to start full sentences but I am practicing patience!

I LOVED READING YOUR 100's LIST!!! It brought back SO many memories of the Tiff I knew from college :) Ivy Tower...The Palace. My, my, my...do I have some fond memories of our Freshman dancing escapades!

Anonymous said...

What a little sweetie :) I too love hearing them start to communicate, and make sense of the world around them.

Natalee said...

I love my little Mason! Love the costume! And how gracious of Drewsy to let him use it this year!