Monday, October 13, 2008

Pumpkin Patch Fun




We finally made it out to the pumpkin patch today. It had been on my agenda for weeks since I am notorious for getting things done much earlier than they need to be (like completing Christmas shopping before Halloween), but with Paul's work schedule, his jury duty, and the weather, we just got around to it today. And what fun we had. We threw on our boots and sweatshirts and we ended up hot with sore feet! Paul will be sore in the morning from carrying our big pumpkins across the entire field to catch the tractor back to our car. This patch we went to isn't my favorite but Drew like the tunnels in the hay pyramid so of course we did what Drew wanted to do. The walking around was murder on my feet and I am hating life right now but it was fun to be out there making memories with my kids. Hopefully they had a good time and will maybe remember the fun times we had when they grow up and blame us for everything that is wrong with their lives!

7 comments:

Michelle said...

Looks like you guys picked a good day to go. By the time we get around to it I'm sure it will be cold and rainy. You're so nice to take Drew where she wanted to go!

Elder Caleb Habel said...

What a nice mommy you are to sacrifice your feet like that. Someday they'll thank us for all our sacrifices right? That is the hope huh. Glad you had a good time.

Nicole said...

I LOVE your title of your blog!! Too funny. I'm looking forward to keeping up with you and your family now.

Picking out pumpkins with the kids is such a great activity.

Jodi said...

I love the picture of the kiddos in the orange pumpkin cutout! Too cute. Looks like you had a fun day.
This is one of those family tradition that I LOVE!!!

Jodi said...

PS...Hope your feet have recovered :)

Anonymous said...

Well besides the sore feet it looks like the perfect family outing! I sure hope your feet feel better soon, it's hard to stay off them when your a busy mommy of three!!! You sure got some cute pics :)

Natalee said...

This is from Jaxon...

Ohhh, there is my best friend! And she is holding a Monkey!

Oh, and look at the cute baby! She is so cute in her Christmas jammies!