
Darcy is 3 months old today! I can hardly believe she has been here for that long. She has lost most of her newbornness and is turning into a functioning human being. I love this stage! She is sleeping through the night, more often than not, in her crib in her own room. She loves to sleep, but when she is awake she is extremely talkative and when she laughs it sounds like a little cough to clear her throat. I love it! She is such a sweetheart. The only thing that bugs me is that she has started sucking her thumb. With the other two we pushed the pacifier on them but Darcy chokes and gags whenever I try one with her, drama queen. I'm glad she has a source of comfort but you can't cut the top off of her thumb like you can a pacifier when she turns two and tell her its broken. I sucked my thumb for longer than I care to admit and it is not a battle I want to have with my kids. Hopefully she'll give it up early on her own so I don't have to deal with it. Yah right. Her new hair growing in is maybe a shade lighter than the original bright orange but she is still definitely a redhead. With her dark blue eyes I think she is gorgeous!
Drew's School Update:
Drew is having a good time at school, making lots of Halloween crafts. Its her favorite holiday so she is loving it! Her teacher no longer writes "Dawn" on her papers so maybe she is finally learning who my little girl is, and the reports about bad girls being mean have been occurring less frequently. Looks like we are finally settling in!
Tiff's Health Update:
I went to the doc for my feet today and finally had my x-rays taken. There is a nice, sharp, bone-spur on my left heel, caused by the tendon pulling on the bone. Lovely. I always thought bone spurs were round things for some reason, but the one I have is a spear shaped thing that is pointing towards my pinky toe. My doc said it won't go away, but surgery really isn't necessary because it doesn't do anything but make the patient think the doctors are doing something pro-active. So I get to live with this spike on my foot. Lovely. I was offered $350 custom made arch supports but I went with the generic-out-of-a-box supports for 1/10 of the price and they seem to be OK so far. I still have tons of pain in my feet and I don't know how they are supposed to heal but I guess I'll just give it some more time. My only other treatment option is getting cortisone shots in my feet! UGH! The very thought of a shot in my foot makes me shiver. Unfortunately it isn't an option at this time because I am nursing. Oh darn. I don't think that will ever be an option really! My feet are extremely messed up and it was cool to see just how out of line all my bones are. I have always said my feet are very cute in socks, but take those socks off and watch out! Not so nice. I also seem to be some sort of bone-producing mutant. Not only do I have a bone-spur on my foot, my dentist informed be that I have a lot of extra bone growth in my mouth that will have to be shaved(!) off if I ever need dentures! Now that is a lovely thought. I have a huge bump on the roof of my mouth and also extra growth under my gums just about everywhere. And as long as I am giving a full health update, I have a failing root canal that a specialist has to redo for me before my jaw bone gets infected. I also had my Thyroid levels tested today because I have been feeling horrible for the past week or so and I believe my dosage is not correct. They dropped my dosage right after Darcy was born but I think it needs to be raised again. We'll see. After all this complaining I will admit that I could have a million other things much worse with my health than I have, and I am extremely grateful that so far everything that has been thrown at me has been manageable.
5 comments:
Oh my goodness! So sorry to hear about your foot and dental woes. Shots and root canals are things I just cringe to even think about. Glad the girls are doing so well.
Ohy, I'm so sorry about your pain! Bone spurs are the worse, I had one for awhile in highschool, but it eventually went away. I hope that you are feeling better soon!
And glad to hear that your sweet girls are both doing great. I can't wait to see Darcy's new hair color. I agree that with her beautiful blue eyes it will be gorgeous!
Bone Spurs??? Yikes!! I hope the pain just magically disappears without too much trouble. You just had a baby, for goodness sake...you deserve a break!
Glad to hear the kidlets are doing well. I can't believe Darcy is already 3 months old :)
WOW!!!!! That was like freaky weird for me to be reading a health update like that from YOU instead of actually typing one TO you about me!
I'm sorry you're having such pain in your feet. For what it's worth, the custom arches will help you. Chris has to use them also!
I can't get over Darcy. Your bald babies are so cute! Give her a kiss for me!
Why wouldn't removing the bone spurs help? Do you just do cortozone shots forever? Which btw are so flippin' painful (just incase you were wondering).
I'm feeling for ya! Seriously I'm bringing you some chocolates!
Post a Comment