
Drew had the second dentist appointment of her entire life today. Wish I could say that! She is great at the dentist. Last year for her very first appointment we went over and over what would happen when we got there. I kept telling her she had to sit still and open her mouth really wide. Well, being the obedient little thing she is, she hopped up in the chair, popped her mouth open even though the dentist wasn't there yet and the nurse was doing other things, and she never moved a muscle! I was laughing so hard and I was so proud of her! I swear she never moved or closed her mouth the entire time! This time she knew what to expect so she had been whining for days about going. I told her if she stopped talking about it we would get poppy seed muffins at Costco afterward. It worked! She was afraid though, that they would use the same fluoride as last time that made everything "bisgusting." Luckily the nurse offered this time and I refused it. Hopefully I'm not killing her teeth all in the name of a delicious muffin! She did great once again and she got a good report from her dentist. I look forward to next year when it will be Mason's first turn in the chair. I'm sure it will not go nearly as smooth!Paul's mom was released from the hospital yesterday into a nursing and rehabilitation facility. She has been working on regaining her strength and walking without any support so she can take care of herself at home. She has a long road to recovery ahead of her but we are sure she will be as good as new in no time! We spent the weekend sitting with her in her hospital room, cleaning her house, and getting it set up in a way that will be the easiest for her to use. She may not like all the changes but her kids only had the best intentions! We will be going to visit her again this weekend and hopefully she will be home by then.
3 comments:
Boy I am impressed with Drew! My boys' initial visits were not quite so pleasant(understatement of the century!) Glad to hear Paul's mom is on the road to recovery.
Gotta love those blue goggles. Glad to here Paul's mom is recovering well
Drew sounds like a dream child at the dentist! I totally bribe my kids with sweets after the dentist appointments too:)
Glad to hear Paul's mom is on the mend. I'm sure she appreciates everything her kids are doing to take care of her!
Post a Comment