
Notice the frosting in Mason's mouth and we barely started!

Doesn't he look innocent. HA!

The finished product.

Mason specials. One with a bite taken out of it and the other with the frosting spread by his tongue!
An update on the kids: Drew is almost reading. She drives me crazy asking me how to spell everything and sound everything out, but I totally love it too. I just wish I knew how best to help her organize it all in her head because I'm sure once that happens she will just take off with her reading. She is totally into hearts and sparkles and girly stuff - everything I despise! It is difficult for me to support her love of this stuff but I am trying. I'm sure there are MANY out there who love the idea that Tiff is raising a girly-girl. UGH!
Mason is maybe not hitting so much? Or maybe I'm ignoring it more and not getting so upset everytime it happens. Unless its my face he is smacking and then I get mad ;) Last night he told me he was tired so I asked him if he wanted to go to bed. He said, "No, I just sleep on the couch." I was so surprised! I think that might be the first time I realized that he is capable of his own thoughts and expressing those thoughts in a mature manner. Totally cute and I look forward to having real conversations with him now.
Darcy is 7 months old! She is sitting up by herself, eating real people food, and she laughs constantly. Drew and Mason were put here on earth to entertain Darcy I think. Lucky girl. She is also getting the idea that she can be mobile. She lays on her tummy, arches her back, lifts her arms and legs off the floor, and start flailing around. She doesn't go anywhere and it is hilarious to watch, but I think this is the precursor to movement. Heaven help me, I am not ready for her to be mobile yet! Darcy is still just the sweetest thing and she makes me smile no matter how down in the dumps I might get. What a blessing she is to me!
Paul's mom is doing well. She is supposed to be released from her nursing home back to her own home on Tuesday. She has regained her spunk and taken control of decisions and its good to have her back! Hopefully she will like what the kids did to her house while she was on vacation!
4 comments:
If you ever get tired of the "girlie-girl" stuff just send Drew over to my house. I would LOVE to indulge in that pink realm!
We frost cookies a lot with the kids and the way I keep things sanitary is to give each kid their own small bowl (or bowls) of frosting. Then all the cookies they frost we stick on their own labeled paper plate and those are the cookies that they get to eat. I frost all the cookies that Kirk and I eat and all the ones we give away.
If you are interested in purchasing some books to help Drew learn to read, the "I See Sam" series is very good. My sister is a kindergarten teacher and thinks they are the best. They were published in the 70's, so they are kind of old.
Sorry I wrote you a novel. I'll try to keep it shorter next time.
oops! the above comment is from me. I didn't realize that the computer was signed in to Tyler's account.
Yet again I feel inadequate. Totally wanted to, and had intentions of making cookies with the kids this year. Didn't get to it, of course! Yours looked great! Couldn't be happier that Drewsy likes girly things! Keep it up girlfriend! Aunt Nat is so proud!
Love ya! Happy Belated Valentines Day!
Post a Comment