Tuesday, November 17, 2009

H1N1-free (hopefully)

We finally got our H1N1 shots for the kids yesterday. I had mine at my last OB appointment a week ago. I had to bribe the kids with a trip to McDonalds afterward, and they all "willingly" walked into the health clinic. Mason went first and was very brave, till he got poked. Then he screwed up his face, let out a wail, and then realized it wasn't so bad and hopped off the chair. Not even a tear was shed. Drew was next and I had to man-handle her to keep her in the chair. She screwed up her face and let out a wail, and like her brother, decided it wasn't so bad and hopped off the chair. Not a tear was shed! Then poor Darcy got her shot in her leg because the nurse thought she had pretty "meaty" legs (sorry Darcy!) and she let out a wail and then decided it wasn't so bad. 3 shots and 3 tear-free kids. I was tempted to skip McDonalds since they weren't that traumatized but then I fugured we would have tears for real. I didn't have the heart to tell them that we have to repeat this whole ordeal in 28 days when they get their second dose! I am extremely grateful that we all stayed healthy prior to the vaccines and hopefully this nasty bug will pass us by.

3 comments:

sheila said...

I haven't heard hardly anyhting about H1N1 recently. It seemed like we were inundated for quite a few weeks and now, nothing! I hope that you all stay healthy!

velvetelement said...

I am glad you could get them. Our Doctors office doesn't ever have them, or reg flu shots so we haven't had any yet this year! So far, so good!

Tiffini said...

I just saw your latest comment on Sheila's blog and saw that your youngest (right now) is Darcy. We are expecting a girl in Feb. and are planning to name her Darcy. I am sure I knew at one point that you had a Darcy but totally forgot. Good name though--I obviously like it. :) Good luck with the next two months. I am going crazy with lack of sleep and feeling huge. Hope you are doing better than that and that the mysterious rash has gone away!