Monday, December 28, 2009

Merry Christmas 2009!

Whew! We made it through Christmas '09! My surviving was always questionable, but I didn't realize just how into it Mason would be this year. He almost didn't make it! I guess 3 is the magic number when it comes to Christmas anticipation. He was barely containable for weeks leading up to the big day. He was even singing his heart out "Here comes Santa Claus" over and over (the only words he knew) at the ward Christmas party in order to get Santa to arrive. "Am I singing loud enough mommy?" Unfortunately our camera is awful so we didn't get any good pictures of the kids with Santa this year. Something I am sure will be held against us as the kids get older. Here is the obligatory painting cookies picture. Drew was more into the artistry of it this time, Darcy was excited to be able to sit on the counter and get her hands sticky, and Mason was once again all about eating them, who cares what they look like!
I had plans to make goody plates and distribute them around the neighborhood but after this first batch I felt like my back would break so I bagged the idea. Maybe next year I will be in a better place mentally and physically and can get in to the spirit a little more.


For the last 2 years we have acted out the Nativity scene with our "Little People" sets. I figure the kids get more out of the story this way than by trying to get them to act it out at this age. Paul read the scriptures for us while we had angels dive-bombing the shepherds, but I think the kids got the gist of the story.



I'm not sure what Mason is doing to Darcy here. I think he is just so darn excited to see if Santa would really deliver his "Transformer bad guy" that he just grabbed Darcy and squeezed! I love the look on her face. I have a feeling this will turn into one of my favorite Christmas pictures in the years to come.

Here is Drew making some pottery on her "clay spinner." This is all she asked Santa for this year. I love that she is all about the contained craft projects and not massive toys all over the place. This wheel spins at one speed, S-L-O-W, so she isn't going to create any masterpieces but she has had a good time with it so I guess that's what counts. We also have an island covered with Bendaroo creations which have been a big hit too.




My sweet, loving Darcy received her very own doll from Santa. She hugs and kisses anything she can get her hands on so Santa made a good call when he got her a doll. Hopefully she will be as good to her new baby sister as she is to the doll. Darcy had a fun Christmas and liked to tear the wrapping paper off the gifts.
Paul got an OSU Snuggie! Someone had to get one, right? Paul was the lucky recipient! I got a new set of hand tools which is exactly what I wanted! It is hidden under my bed so I know exactly where to go when I need a screw driver or pliers. I no longer have to get mired down in the abyss we call a garage, searching for tools!

And here is Mason with his pride and joy. This baby took Paul an hour to transform the first time so we try not to do it too often. Mason loves it and I think he had a great Christmas and it was all he hoped it would be. At least, I haven't heard any complaints!
We spent the rest of Christmas day with Paul's family. We did some visiting, some eating, and some present unwrapping before heading for home. It was a lot of hours in the car for one day but right now there is no place like home for me, and especially no place like my own bed! I am thankful Paul is understanding of that right now. We took the tree and decorations down on the 27th and now as soon as we get through my least favorite of all holidays (except for the football games) I can focus totally on my sweet baby due to arrive in 5 weeks!

4 comments:

Gina said...

Looks like you had a fun Christmas. Love that snuggie.

Nicole said...

That pottery gadget Drew got is awesome! I too love the picture of Mason strangling Darcy. That will be a good one to show years down the road. Glad you had a great Christmas! 5 more weeks ... really!??

Jodi said...

A snuggie?? Looking good Paul! Too bad it doesn't have green and yellow OOOOOOOOOOOOOs on it! GO DUCKS!!!!
Looks like a wonderful Christmas. I hope you have a wonderful New Years!
Love ya.

Elder Caleb Habel said...

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!! I am so glad Santa made an appearance at the ward party!