Thursday, February 4, 2010

Bree Elizabeth

Bree Elizabeth is here! She was born on Sunday, January 31st at 3:38 pm. She weighed in at a whopping 6lbs 10 oz. TINY! This wasn't my fastest or easiest labor and delivery but we both came through it alright and now our family has a beautiful little girl to join her big sisters and brother. So far all 3 older siblings seem to like her. Well, maybe that's saying alot when it comes to Darcy's opinion, but at least she hasn't tried to hurt her! We are all going through the adjustment OK at present time. Ask again in a couple days.

It took Paul and I quite a while to come up with her name. I think we were decided on Demi before she was born but once we saw her we knew she wasn't a Demi so we had to start all over. Paul read the hospital's 60,000 baby names book a few times and we still had a hard time figuring out just who this little girl is. But we are happy with Bree and it fits her more and more each day. Drew likes the name, Mason still calls her "the baby you had in your tummy and then popped out," but he is getting better at trying to remember. And Darcy just calls her "baby" and giggles.

We are extremely happy Bree has joined our family and we are extremely blessed to have 4 beautiful, healthy children entrusted to us by our Heavenly Father. Isn't family great!?

13 comments:

Tiffini said...

Yeah! She is adorable. Hope you are doing well. I definitely feel like I am in 'survival' mode right now. Dinner was at 7pm today....hope that doesn't become the norm.

Paige said...

She's beautiful. And I love the name. It totally fits. Congratulations!

Elder Caleb Habel said...

Congratulations! I am happy to hear that all is well, and that everyone likes her. :0) I think Bree is a beautiful name. Congratulations!!!

Shannon b said...

congratulations! She definitely has your family *look*! Hang in there, rest up, and maybe I'll check in on you in a few days. ;)

Marie said...

Congratulations! I love the name - it does seem to fit!

Anonymous said...

Finally...I know this has been what seemed like a LONG wait. But she is such a cute little blessing and addition to your family. Bree is a beautiful name and I think it fits her and your family. Congrats!

Candy said...

What a gorgeous baby girl! I am so excited to get to hold her. You are an awesome mom and your family is adorable!!!!

Dane & Tara said...

Congrats! That's great news.
-Dane

Anonymous said...

Oh Tiffiny!!! I want to see more pics!!! And I want to snuggle her and sniff her and love on her!!! But I might just pass out with how high my baby fever will get if I do!!! Congratulations to you and your beautiful family ... I'm so happy for you :)

Jodi said...

YAY!! She's here and she's beautiful! Congratulations! I love love love her name...Bree. Just perfect! I can't wait to meet her. Are you up for visitors yet?

sheila said...

She is beautiful and I love her name. Please let me know if you need anything. Even if it's to just come over and entertain your kids so you can have a nap!

velvetelement said...

Congrats! She is so cute and I like the name. I was just catching up on past blogs and I can't believe how red Darcy's hair is, I love it! I hope we will be able to see you this summer when we make the annual trek:)

Nicole said...

She is so adorable! I am so opposite from you though when it comes to names. My baby has a name before it's even conceived ;) I get a little anxious!