Here is Miss Bree, already a month old! At least I think she is. I'm all confused. With my other kids it was easy to know when they were a month older. On the 20th or the 8th. But Bree was born on the 31st and not all months have 31 days so now I don't know when to take her monthly picture! I guess on the last day of each month makes sense, right? Who knows. All I know is she is gaining weight like a pro (look at that double chin already!), she is starting to lift her head up and push away when I am holding her, she is still a HORRIBLE sleeper at night which I will forever hold against her, and she has the lung capacity of an opera diva. This girl can scream like no other baby I have ever heard. And she screams often. Bree is not my easiest baby to say the least. Its a good thing she is so darn cute with fat, kissable cheeks to make up for it! Mason still seems to be her biggest fan out of the older kids. Darcy will actually pet her head and call her Baby B but she hasn't kissed her yet. She gets close but then turns and walks away. I am proud of how Darcy has adjusted. She still has her tantrums and her crazy business at church, but overall I think she adjusting pretty well and she seems to like me again, thank goodness! Paul and I are adjusting too, I think. 4 kids is A LOT of work but I just keep telling myself I never have to do this again and each day it gets better and more of a routine for me I think. Though I really look forward to when Paul walks through the front door at 6pm for some help!
Wednesday, March 3, 2010
Mason's Big Day
Monday was Mason's first visit to the dentist. Saying he was a bit nervous is an understatement. He forgot how to dress himself, put on shoes, connect his seatbelt, push an elevator button, use a drinking fountain, etc.
Luckily Paul was able to take the three girls to the park while I dealt with Mason. I'm not sure what I am telling my kids about the dentist leading up to the visit, but when he climbed up into the chair his mouth immediately popped open and stayed that way till the hygienist forcibly closed it for him. Drew was the same way at her first visit. Its all I and the hygienist can do not to laugh at these poor, frightened little bodies. He was loving the cool sunglasses and almost made it out the door with them but had to give them back in the end. He was given a clean bill of health, no cavities! He also got to choose a toy out of her treasure box and my little boy chose a sparkly star "magic wand" as he is calling it. Paul has some concern in that Mason has also started carrying around his sister's pink purse. We have to tell ourselves its a "man bag." Now Drew is excited to get to go to the dentist so she can get a magic wand too. I haven't told her yet that Mason took the only one left in the box.

Here is Miss Bree, already a month old! At least I think she is. I'm all confused. With my other kids it was easy to know when they were a month older. On the 20th or the 8th. But Bree was born on the 31st and not all months have 31 days so now I don't know when to take her monthly picture! I guess on the last day of each month makes sense, right? Who knows. All I know is she is gaining weight like a pro (look at that double chin already!), she is starting to lift her head up and push away when I am holding her, she is still a HORRIBLE sleeper at night which I will forever hold against her, and she has the lung capacity of an opera diva. This girl can scream like no other baby I have ever heard. And she screams often. Bree is not my easiest baby to say the least. Its a good thing she is so darn cute with fat, kissable cheeks to make up for it! Mason still seems to be her biggest fan out of the older kids. Darcy will actually pet her head and call her Baby B but she hasn't kissed her yet. She gets close but then turns and walks away. I am proud of how Darcy has adjusted. She still has her tantrums and her crazy business at church, but overall I think she adjusting pretty well and she seems to like me again, thank goodness! Paul and I are adjusting too, I think. 4 kids is A LOT of work but I just keep telling myself I never have to do this again and each day it gets better and more of a routine for me I think. Though I really look forward to when Paul walks through the front door at 6pm for some help!
Here is Miss Bree, already a month old! At least I think she is. I'm all confused. With my other kids it was easy to know when they were a month older. On the 20th or the 8th. But Bree was born on the 31st and not all months have 31 days so now I don't know when to take her monthly picture! I guess on the last day of each month makes sense, right? Who knows. All I know is she is gaining weight like a pro (look at that double chin already!), she is starting to lift her head up and push away when I am holding her, she is still a HORRIBLE sleeper at night which I will forever hold against her, and she has the lung capacity of an opera diva. This girl can scream like no other baby I have ever heard. And she screams often. Bree is not my easiest baby to say the least. Its a good thing she is so darn cute with fat, kissable cheeks to make up for it! Mason still seems to be her biggest fan out of the older kids. Darcy will actually pet her head and call her Baby B but she hasn't kissed her yet. She gets close but then turns and walks away. I am proud of how Darcy has adjusted. She still has her tantrums and her crazy business at church, but overall I think she adjusting pretty well and she seems to like me again, thank goodness! Paul and I are adjusting too, I think. 4 kids is A LOT of work but I just keep telling myself I never have to do this again and each day it gets better and more of a routine for me I think. Though I really look forward to when Paul walks through the front door at 6pm for some help!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Great Job Mason!
I can't beleive that Bree is already a month old. holy cow, that went by fast.
My number 4 is a pain in my rear also, but she was acyually a really easy baby until 16 months old, and then she sprouted horns. Here's hoping that at 16 months (or sooner), Bree changes direction and gets easy for you.
cute baby pics and cute family anecdotes!!!
wtg Mason!!! and I just want to say that I love your month to month pics of your kiddos :)
I need to come visit you soon!
I love that you are already brainwashing! Bree is adorable, I can't believe I still haven't seen her in person.
Post a Comment