Monday, November 8, 2010

Happy Halloween!

I can hardly believe my baby is 9 months old. And cute as a button I might add. I think its those elf ears of hers that just make her so darn cute. Her first tooth finally broke through a few days ago and she has been pulling herself up to stand for a couple weeks now. No cruising yet, but she is letting go of things and trying to stand on her own so I am thinking she will probably be walking well before she turns 1. She is still my smallest little sweetheart, only in the 25th percentile for both height and weight. It will be fun to see such a little body walking. Christmas will be interesting this year with her being as mobile as she is. We will probably get the tree later than usual and who knows, maybe it will have to be a tiny one sitting on a table top. If that is the case then her siblings will not be happy with Miss Breezy.
OK, here is the annual cookie decorating picture. Darcy actually frosted some this year and Bree was eating all the broken ones. I believe a good time was had by all!


Here is the "before" picture of our own little pumpkin patch. I think my Dad might have been on to something when I was growing up and we only had 1 pumpkin that he carved. When we each have our own, and the smaller ones insist on carving their own, it makes for a lengthy, and messy project.


Drew carved a pirate pumkin and it turned out well. Mason was obsessed with cleaning out the entire pumpkin before he could carve. Every little sting had to come out, which isn't easy to do. But he did it and then had a nice looking ghost till he got a little too enthusiastic and starting cutting bigger and bigger holes in it till it didn't resemble much of anything by the time he was done. It was his first time carving though and he did a great job and had fun, which is why we do this, right?


Darcy LOVED the guts! I carved a quick face in her pumpkin and then she played in the slime for an hour while the rest of us carved ours.



The finished products! Pretty spooky!








This year we had Nemo, the Transformer Bumblebee, a jelly fish, and a chili pepper. All 4 of the kids have worn the chili pepper costume. I love it! Bree was pretty squished into it but she never complained. I was happy to see Drew used the jelly fish again this year. We made it last year so it got a lot of use.





Bree was content to chill out in the stroller as the big kids went trick-or-treating.

Darcy was surprisingly aggressive. She marched right up to the doors with Drew and Mason and wouldn't leave till she got her candy too. I loved my little Nemo with the matching orange curls poking out! Too cute!


Drew, Mason, and I stayed out for an hour and a half knocking on doors. I love Halloween so it was fun for me to have bigger kids who were willing to trudge up and down the neighborhood hills with me. Heck, they got a ton of candy out of it so they weren't complaining.


Mason and Darcy have had their mouths full of candy since Halloween but Drew still has quite a bit left. She reminds me of my sister, Candace, who used to still have candy left at Easter. Man that drove me crazy.
We had a lot of fun this Halloween and are hoping Thanksgiving and Christmas are just as exciting! Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love what a great mom you are, giving your children all these wondeful memories of family traditions!!! Pumpkin carving can definitely be a long messy process, but being that I never got to do it growing up, I am always big on my kids getting to!!! Just like you, I'm all about "traditions" and childhood memories, :)

Jodi said...

Your kids looked so cute at the trunk or treat! LOVE the chili pepper :)