Friday, December 3, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

My baby is 10 month old! I don't know where the time went. She is pulling up to standing and even letting go for a few seconds at a time. She sprouted 4 teeth within a week of each other and now she has a gorgeous toothy grin! She is such a sweetheart and she likes to give me juicy, long, kisses. Oh how I love my Breezy!
I loaded the pictures backwards so we will start with the Christmas tree. I was thinking we would wait till Saturday the 4th to get the tree, since I didn't know how Bree would react to it and I didn't want to spend an extra week trying to keep her out of it, but we realized that the Civil War football game is on the 4th at 12:30 and there is no way we would miss it just to get a tree, so we cut one down on our way home from our Thanksgiving vacation. Bree has torn a couple bows off of presants and likes to touch the lights but damage has been surprisingly minimal.
Although it was extremely tough, I mostly let the kids hang up the ornaments. I usually take the lead but I let them this year. It turned out nice and there weren't even any clumps of ornaments anywhere. (which I would have corrected after they went to bed if there were any!)


Our first snow of the season happened before Thanksgiving. Unheard of around here! There was enough to throw at siblings and freeze little fingers, but not for much else. Hopefully we will get a good snow event this year, but please nothing like 2008!

Drew is my little angel ;)





Bree and Grandma were visiting over Thanksgiving break. She is still OK visiting with "strangers." We'll see how long that will last.


Miss Breezy ate Thanksgiving dinner on my lap and at one point she had stolen my spoon and was downing the mashed potatoes all on her own. I forget that she is able to do lots of things for herself now. I think I might be trying too hard to keep her a baby as long as I can.


This is a motley crew! We were originally sceduled to eat dinner with Paul's family but plans were changed and we ended up at my parents' house with a million cousins. This is the "medium" aged table. There are a few older cousins and a few younger now.



Darcy had a great feast, when she decided to pull her hands off her face and join the party. She was in the throes of stranger anxiety full force. Crazy girl.

On a beautiful fall day we raked and played in the leaves. Let me correct that. I raked, and they played. Darcy's hair matched the beautiful colors of the leaves.
So now we are looking forward to the Beavers beating the Ducks in the Civil War game and ruining their chances of a National Championship. I mean we are looking forward to CHRISTMAS! The shopping is done, most of the gifts are wrapped, and now we can start making lots of tasty treats!

No comments: