
Mason finally turned 5! He had a countdown for I don't know how long, waiting for his big day. He is so excited, as am I, for all the fun things that happen when he is 5. I think 3 and 5 are my favorite ages with my kids so far because its so exciting to watch all the learning that takes place. Mason is no exception. He is a smart little guy and cannot wait to get to go to "Drew's school." He just wants to skip summer and start immediately. Its going to be a loooong summer for him, and for me since he asks me a few times each day when he gets to go to school!

This year for his birthday Grandma and Grandpa joined us for pizza and cake. His cake was pretty cool this year, bees and a bee hive, but not nearly as awesome as his volcano cake I made last year so I didn't include a picture :) For his presents he got a Lego fire truck, a bug house and magnifying glass (both of which have been constantly in use), and a new bike! 5 is the magical age at our house to get your first bike. Mase picked out the one he wanted a few weeks before his birthday but he must have forgotten because he was pretty much speechless when we opened the front door and there is was! He immediately hopped on, proceeded to crash, and decided he didn't like the darn bike after all. He is a total perfectionist and if he doesn't get something exactly right the first time he is done with it. Tough way to live, kid! Thankfully Grandma was there to give him a pep talk and he has been riding ever since. In fact, he is driving me crazy because he constantly watches the rain showers and lets me know when its dry enough to ride. Oh how I love my little guy! But, he is not so little. He is taller at 5 than Drew was when she turned 6. He is still shorter than her but is catching up. They both weigh 48 lbs too!


So This year Mason's favorites are:
Food - Cheeze its, peanut butter sandwich, pizza
Movie - Lilo and Stitch, Hoodwinked, Tron Legacy
Color- blue, orange
Animal - dog
Favorite part of preschool - Snack time
This year he has thankfully changed his career aspirations to wanting to be a soldier instead of the McDonald's worker he wanted to be last year. Life with Mason is always exciting. I would love to have his energy, but he could maybe use some of my self control. Once he figures out how to channel it into something productive he will be a force to be reckoned with. I couldn't ask for a sweeter little guy as my only son. We love you Mase and are so happy to have you in our family!
No comments:
Post a Comment