
We had a BUSY Easter weekend this year. Actually, the entire week leading up to it was busy too. With it being so late this year, Drew's birthday was actually the Wednesday before, so we had a family party for her, plus the friend party the Saturday before. I was also trying to work a bunch of hours that week so I had to be pretty efficient with my time! Saturday morning before Easter we headed to Paul's mom's house where we got to visit with her and some of the kids' cousins. The oldest had set up an egg hunt for the kids and they had fun looking around grandma's front yard for the prize eggs. Grandma's front yard has a huge slope to it and once Bree started heading down her little legs were working hard to keep up with the momentum of her large head! She almost made it to the bottom when she fell and rolled once before I was able to catch up and scoop her up. She thought it was great fun.

From there, we crossed town to my parent's house for the annual family Easter party. 19 of the 20 grand kids made it this year. I think they were told to make silly faces for this picture but for some of them, its a definite improvement ;) I believe they range in age from 18 years - 15 months. My kids are #12, 16, 17, and 20.

If we wanted to eat we were required to wear hats. Mason made his own visor with stickers on it and I was wearing the hood of one of his coats.

Grandma had quite the hat, as you can see. She left it on most of the party. What a good sport! She is famous for her dangly earrings that correspond with whatever the season or holiday may be, but she took the whole fashion thing to greater heights I think.

Bree wasn't sure what the heck she was doing. I think she figured out she needed to pick these colorful things up, but didn't know what to do with them once she got them. She would put one down to pick up another. We had a great time hanging out with so much family that day. We had great food, a massive egg hunt, an egg toss, and and egg drop. We were the winners of the last one but balloons were outlawed this year (our egg would have survived being dropped out of a plane I bet, surrounded by balloons), so we went with fiberglass insulation. Didn't work. The winners used bubble wrap which to me is just miniature balloons, right? I protest! After the party we came home to sleep in our own beds in hopes that the Easter Bunny would visit.

Sure enough! There were 4 baskets of goodies and eggs hidden all over the house when we woke up! Bree didn't bother getting up with the rest of us, and it was probably easier on me to have her keep sleeping anyway. The kids found 57 dyed eggs (3 broke during the dying process) and never ate a single one of them. Good thing eggs are cheap.



Darcy was a great hunter. I think she came away with more than Mason. He is a bit skittish sometimes and hunting eggs is one of those time.

The Easter Bunny had to find some more difficult hiding spots this year for Drew. The middle of the floor just isn't hidden enough for her anymore.
Later on Sunday we went to church and then headed north to have dinner with Paul's sister and family. We had a great time visiting and playing with their dog, while it was in its cage of course. It was a very busy weekend but it was filled with fun, food, and family. What a great way to celebrate!
No comments:
Post a Comment