Memorial Day Weekend we took our trailer out for the last time. For the next 2 summers we have plans that don't include hauling a trailer around so we figured now is a good time to try to sell it. We went to Honeyman State Park, just south of Florence for our last trip with the trailer. We met up with Paul's mom, sister, and 2 nephews in the cold rain of the Oregon coast in May. The kids had fun playing with cousins, roasting marshmallows, visiting with Grandma, playing in the tide pools and discovering star fish and anenomies, and living in the trialer one last time. Can you tell I am a bit sentimental about letting the trailer go? I admit I didn't see the need for a trailer when Paul approached me about it 5 years ago, but we have been on many adventures that wouldn't have been possible without it. I'm going to miss it! We all are, the kids don't like to hear we are selling it, especially Darcy.
Our camp.
Helping dad start the fire. Bree was right in the thick of things for the first time. Last year I kept her in the trailer with me since she was so small. There was no containing her this time. She wanted to be a big kid!
Darcy was adventurous and went pretty far out on the rocks with me.
We are looking at a purple startfish on the side of the rock. Cool!
Dad took Bree and Darcy cave exploring while mom took Drew and Mason even farther out on the rocks where we were rewarded with 17 star fish all stuck to the same rock. Pretty cool!
It was FREEZING, I wore 4 layers of coats and sweatshirts but for kids it is never too cold to get your feet wet at the beach.
Or your entire lower body, as Bree decided as she sat in a pool.
Grandma was so cold she tied on one of the towels she brought for the grandkids just to keep warm.
No comments:
Post a Comment