Drew is going to be annoyed with my ordering in this post because she was constantly telling us her birthday didn't fall on Easter this year, Easter fell on her birthday because her birthday is constant. Easter isn't. Yah, yah, yah, but we had a few Easter activities before the big day so I will address Easter first. Sorry Drew. We always head to Corvallis for an Easter party with my family on the Saturday before Easter so we decorated eggs on Friday night. We are much more interested in decorating than eating the eggs but I think next year we will get another dozen or so on top of the 5 dozen we did this year. Its just so much fun to get dye all over the countertops! We end up with some "cool" color mixes. We achieved a poop colored one this year!
On Saturday we skipped baseball/t-ball games to hang out with the cousins. We always have an egg toss and Paul and Mason always cheat. This year they used a hard boiled egg. Last year Paul had extra eggs in his pocket to replace broken ones. He cheats on the egg drop off the garage roof too. Let's win at all cost! Looks like I'm rubbing off on him.
This is the mad dash to find the plastic eggs filled with goodies. This is only the kids 10 and under. The older ones really have to search because the uncles like to hide the eggs for them in impossible places. The kids love it.
Bree found her name egg! They get a special treat in these. Rule is you can only grab a name egg if its your own. Last year Mason got his wires crossed and only looked for his name egg. He had an empty basket till I hurriedly explained to him he could pick up the unmarked ones. Crazy guy, what did he think there were a million laying on the ground for? Obviously Bree knew what she was doing. After fun with the cousins and Grandma and Grandpa we visited with Paul's mom and cousins for a little bit and then high-tailed it home so we could get to bed before the Easter Bunny showed up. Whew, we made it!
Easter morning the kids woke up to filled baskets and 5 dozen eggs to find. They did a pretty good job, we only had one missing. Thankfully I found it the next day near a plant before it could rot. The morning and church were devoted to Easter, the rest of the day we spent celebrating Drew's 10th birthday!
10 years ago my life was blessed with my sweet Drewsy. What a blessing this girl is to me and our family. She is the ultimate big sister, always willing to help out and always willing to give things up to the younger kids, even when I tell her she doesn't have to. She is kind, considerate, smart, athletic, funny, an avid reader, and loves to have conversations with mom and dad. I love watching her grow and I know she has great things in store for her. Once she sets her mind on something she figures out a way to achieve it, no matter what is standing in her way. "Can't" is not in her vocabulary. What a great trait to have. This year we had strawberries and angel food cake and she got a basketball, legos, and some dreaded clothes (I always hated clothes as a gift. BORING!) I hope she had a good birthday, it was unique anyway. I never would have thought Easter would be so late in April. Love you Drew!
No comments:
Post a Comment