Here are my spring ballers! Mason was on the baseball farm team again and Darcy played her first year of t-ball. Mason knew exactly what to expect so no big deal. Darcy had no idea what to expect and was tentative about playing but she always had a smile on her face and said she had lots of fun in the end. I think she and Bree will play t-ball together next year, and we're thinking about switching them to the softball league. As for Mason? Not quite sure yet. I was hoping he would learn to dislike baseball enough to not want to play again next year because he will move up to minors which means traveling to games. I was not, however, hoping he would have a miserable season. For some reason we only had a week or two of practices before games and then all practices stopped. That meant the only time the kids had to work on any skills was in a game situation, and they only got to hit twice a game if they were lucky. There was very little skill improvement all the way around. Last year he did really well for his age. This year he was pretty much stagnant and I'm pretty sure miserable most of the time. He only got a couple hits all season and the games are so darn slow at times they just stand in the field and never touch a ball all game. Though there was one game where he had a hit and he was responsible for getting 3 outs all by himself for the team! He actually caught a pop-fly which was a great moment :) and he fielded the ball for outs on first and third bases as he was playing those positions. Great game! At that point I thought I had lost the battle and we would be watching him play in minors next year, but that was one gem in a pile of coal. I'm pretty sure(?) he won't be playing next year. Darcy had her ups and downs but she had some good friends on the team and had a good time. She want's to play next year for sure. I'm glad the season is over, we were gone in the evenings 3 or 4 nights a week and then Saturday's were shot since they both played hours apart. Its fun to watch but after awhile I just want my life back. Now, on to summer fun!
I love how their feet don't touch the ground!
No comments:
Post a Comment