Mason turned 8 this year on one of the busiest days on our calendar. For some reason everyone thought the 20th would be a good day to schedule school performances and t-ball games, not to mention Drew's weekly piano lesson. The little girls and I attended Mason's Under the Sea school performance dress rehearsal during the school day then rushed to the store to get his balloons and party fixings. Drew had her lesson and we rushed to Papa Murphy's for Mason's annual sausage and pepperoni (yuck!) birthday pizza, choked it down, and went to Darcy's t-ball game. Paul got home from work and picked Mason up from the park to get him to his school performance that evening. We all met up at YoPlace, the self-serve yogurt place the kids love, to have birthday "cake." I'm so glad he chose that route so I didn't have fit decorating a cake in there. After yogurt we rushed home to open gifts and get to bed an hour past bedtime on a school night. What a crazy day but Mason is pretty crazy so it was fitting I guess! He got a Razor Spark scooter, an electric connect set, and a tennis racket and balls which we will use during Tiff's Tennis Camp this summer. Must be nice to be 8! This last year Mason has grown a ton. He is only a half inch shorter than Drew now. He is an excellent student at school and an avid reader at home. I love my crazy little (big) guy and couldn't have asked for a better son. And I would never ask for another son so I'll just appreciate the one special son I have :) Love you Mase!
Because Mason turned 8 he was eligible to be baptized. There were two other kids in the ward turning 8 in May so we had a baptism for all three. We were able to streamline the process and we only took 50 minutes to have three kids baptized and confirmed along with the rest of the program! Nice! Uncles Roland and Scott were the baptism witnesses to Paul baptizing Mason, and they also joined in the confirmation circle with Brother Terry Howell and Bishop Naillon while Paul confirmed Mason a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Two down, two to go for our family! It was a nice program and afterwards we went home to stuff our family with tacos and ice cream! It was a great day and we had lots of family members show up. Let's see if I remember them all: Grandma Erickson, Sequoia, Diego, Aunt Carmen, Kendall, Aunt Alloa, Uncle Scott, Uncle Roland, Aunt Star, Maple, Koa, Asa, Grandma and Grandpa Nedry, Aunt Stacy, Max, Aunt Candace, Madison, Kennedy, Aunt Sammy, Uncle Shane, Ruqayyah, Silas, and the 6 of us. 29? That's a lot of love and support for one special guy. Thanks to all who attended Mason's big day! We bought him his very own scriptures with his name engraved on them a few weeks ago so he is good to go! This afternoon he starts cub scouts and he is thrilled. I never payed attention to my little brother because he is 8 years younger than me so this boy stuff is all new to me. Luckily he has a dad who has been there and done that to help him through :) Congratulations Mason, we love you and are proud of the great kid you have become!
No comments:
Post a Comment