Friday, March 6, 2015

Thanksgiving 2014

Thanksgiving 2014 was spent with Paul's side of the family, with his sister Carmen hosting at her beautiful home.  We always have a great time visiting and eating the wonderful food.
I missed out on the basketball game unfortunately.  In September I broke out in hives again for no apparent reason.  I thought I'd just take some prednisone and kill them quickly but no such luck.  For some reason the medicine wouldn't touch them.  I went to my regular doctor, my endocrinologist, and finally to an allergist before I got any relief.  She put me on high doses of antihistamines and a drug that is used for anxiety and hives.  Not sure what they have in common but I gave it a try.  It made me so loopy I had to take it at night at a specific time so it would be out of my system before I had to function the next day.  It was awful stuff but it helped.  It is now March and I still have a mild case of hives.  They have never gone away completely and I am so done with them.  No one can help me get rid of them completely so I guess its just a waiting game.  Either they will go away or I will go insane, whichever comes first.  I've also been losing my hair like crazy since September and it pretty much makes me sick to see how much I lose every day.  No one can tell me why or offer any help.  But anyway, I couldn't play basketball because getting sweaty irritates the hives.  Everyone else had fun showing off their skills and I had fun rooting them on.

No comments: