Tuesday, August 25, 2015

NCAA Tournament

 As I mentioned in my Christmas post, Paul gave me tickets to the 2nd and 3rd round NCAA Tournament games played in Portland this year.  And the best part was, it was only 1 ticket so I could go alone!  He knows me so well.  I would much rather go alone than have someone bugging me for 2 days.  The first day, Thursday, there were 4 games.  I saw Arizona, Georgetown, Utah, Eastern Washington (my brother's alma mater) Ohio State, etc.   Saturday had two games with the winners playing each other for a shot in the Sweet 16.   It was so much fun!  I was in heaven.  The first picture is my view from my original seats.  Since the arena was not full for the evening session of games I moved down into much better seats, as you can see in the second picture.  I was joined by a group of ex-basketball coaches who attend the tournament games together wherever they are on the west coast each year.  Some of them were so hard-core they were taking off after our games to watch the games in Seattle the next day.  That's a lot of basketball!  I had so much fun and loved every second of those two days.  Even though mom was missing my kids probably loved those two days too because it meant I wasn't commandeering every TV and computer in the house.  Cross this off my bucket list!  Thanks Paul!

No comments: