
Day 7, Nov 19th, we had enough time before our flight left to spend half a day at the Magic Kingdom. The other days there we had kept an eye on the wait times for the lines to see either Anna and Elsa, or Rapunzel and Cinderella. They were ridiculously long so we never attempted it. Bree is a huge Rapunzel fan, Darcy loves Elsa. So the plan was to rope drop getting in line to see the princesses. Paul took Darcy and Drew to stand in line to see Elsa and Anna, I took Mason and Bree to the Rapunzel/Cinderella line. We didn't tell the girls beforehand in case the lines were already huge. But Mason, Bree and I were third in line to see our princesses and our line moved right along. We got in and out quickly. Bree was soooo excited to see Rapunzel. We hadn't seen her anywhere else the entire time so I'm glad she finally got to meet her. She was chatting with her and gave her a big hug when we left. She was pretty happy. I made Mason get in the picture too, even though I told him he didn't have to, just to get him in line with us. We were even able to ride the carousel nearby 2 times and browse a gift shop before the others were done. I guess Paul said dads would race to the line which made it look short and then moms and kids would finally catch up and squeeze through to the dad in line. I call that blatant cheating. So not fair to the little girls who are in line waiting to have to see all those other girls get to pass them up. Not cool people. And that was a line people used fast passes for so it turned out that even though they were near the front of the stand by line, they stood there for at least a half an hour to get to see Elsa and Anna. I think it was worth it though. Darcy looks pretty happy in her pictures. Score one for mom and dad!



After the princesses we had fast passes for Seven Dwarfs Mine Ride, Space Mountain, and Big Thunder Mountain. We also did some final souvenir shopping and ate lunch at the Liberty Tree Tavern. It was hard to say goodbye. By the last day we had it all down to a science and 20,000 steps a day in the 85 degree muggy heat was no big deal. Kind of. Bree and Darcy were at each other's throats most of the last 2 days from being cooped up next to each other in the stroller all day every day. And there were a couple of times we had some arguments over who sat next to whom on rides. We had a discussion before we ever left for the vacation about seating and sleeping arrangements. We had two bigs (Paul and I), two mediums (Drew and Mason), and two smalls (Darcy and Bree). Most of the time the rides required a big to be with a small so the mediums got stuck on the rides together. They took it very well actually. Bree and Darcy would switch off on which big they went on rides with. I think it worked out pretty well but I never really asked them. The sleeping arrangements worked out so that Paul and I each got our own bed in different rooms. Then Mason stayed in my room and Drew in Paul's and the littles would switch every night which medium they slept with. They all survived so I guess it worked in the end.

This is the last picture we took at Disney World. We had the time of our lives. If it hadn't been for the theft of my purse, I would say it was darn near the perfect vacation. We had an amazing time and saw some amazing things. We have been so blessed with the adventures we are able to participate in as a family and I hope our kids have lasting, wonderful memories of our trip to Florida November 10-19, 2015.
No comments:
Post a Comment