


Hogsmead is where Drew purchased most of her souvenirs. She bought an interactive wand where she could use it at certain spots to perform magic. She had to say the right incantation and flick of the wand to make magic happen. It worked! Mason also got a wand, the Elder wand, the most powerful wand in the wizarding world. Go big or go home, huh Mase?! We rode Flight of the Hippogriff twice which was a Bree sized roller coaster, I rode the Dragon Challenge which is a roller coaster where your legs are free and you're held in your seat by a chest harness. It was awesome. My kids tried to convince me not to do it but those are my favorite rides. We hung out in Hogsmead for quite a while the first day and then explored the rest of Islands of Adventure.
Universal Studio's rides are more intense than Disney World's so Drew, Mason, and I appreciated them more I think. Lots of them were motion simulation rides where you really didn't go anywhere but you were wearing 3-D glasses which made you feel like you were a part of the action and your seat was moving around even though you weren't really going far. That being said, we went on the Jurassic Park ride which was actually moving with a big water drop at the end. That was a really good one and the water felt good because it was so blasting hot there. A week before Thanksgiving and it was in the high 80's! Pretty much miserable with all that humidity too. We did one ride in Dr Seuss Landing but it was so wussy we moved on to a different part of the park. We rode on the Spiderman ride which was one of the 3-D rides. It was pretty good. We also did Poseidon's Fury, where Bree bawled the entire time. She was such a trooper. We kept dragging her on rides, telling her it wasn't going to be scary, then she would freak and out and be bawling at the end, and then believe me the next time I told her the ride we were going on wasn't going to be scary. What a terrible mom, I know, but I wanted her to experience it all! Only a couple of the rides turned out to be horrible for her. That's a number I can live with! Drew, Mason, Paul, and Darcy rode a couple of really wet rides while Bree and I just watched and stayed dry. They got completely soaked on Popeye and Bluto's Bilge-Rat Barges. Even their shoes were soaked and we had quite the time trying to dry them before the next morning.






That afternoon we rode the Hogwarts's Express from Hogsmead to Diagon Alley. Heaven again! It was so cool to see Gringott's bank and the Weasley's joke shop. It was just so much fun to be there. We kind of hung out and explored, walked the streets and shops, went back out into "London" where we found Stan Shunpike and the Knight Bus, and Drew tried calling the Ministry of Magic from the phone booth. Unfortunately they told her they weren't accepting visitors at that time. The whole place was perfect. So much fun! And did I mention how much we loved the butterbeer? So, so good! I think we bought 4 of them over both days. Expensive but worth it! We went back to the hotel after that and got in the one and only swim of the entire trip. We didn't have any sort of meal plan for US so we ate once in the park and then had KFC on the way back to the hotel. I had Mason's OSU string backpack full of Goldfish snacks, among other things on my back the entire trip so I don't think we ever starved at US but we didn't eat like we did at DW! More on that later.







The second day, Thursday, Nov 12th, we rope-dropped again and rode the Hogwarts ride. We rode the Hogwarts Express back over to Diagon Alley and rode the Escape From Gringotts. That was one of those 3-D rides too. It was pretty good. Even Bree had fun I think. It was so hard to leave the Harry Potter World without spending a billion galleons, though Drew came pretty close I think.
We explored the rest of Universal Studios where we found some pretty good rides, and some stinkers. Like the Shrek thing. Skip it if you ever go. Also the Minions ride had a long wait and it wasn't all that awesome either. I think our longest wait at US was to get on the Transformers ride. That one was really good. Another 3-D but it was awesome. We also rode the Simpsons, Men in Black, E.T., and Paul and I did the child swap on the Mummy ride. None of the kids were brave enough to try it. The ride was fun but the special effects were a bit scary. We also saw a short show of how they create the horror movies with lots of blood and guts and monsters. Perfect for little kids. Or not. Luckily it wasn't too graphic I guess. We totally enjoyed Universal Studios. It was hard to say goodbye to Harry Potter world. I'm pretty sure Drew was dreaming of it the entire time we were at Disney World. I would go back there in a heartbeat. That night we moved ourselves over to our Hotel at Disney World to start a new adventure there the next day. The little girls were so excited! But I'll leave that for my next post.
We explored the rest of Universal Studios where we found some pretty good rides, and some stinkers. Like the Shrek thing. Skip it if you ever go. Also the Minions ride had a long wait and it wasn't all that awesome either. I think our longest wait at US was to get on the Transformers ride. That one was really good. Another 3-D but it was awesome. We also rode the Simpsons, Men in Black, E.T., and Paul and I did the child swap on the Mummy ride. None of the kids were brave enough to try it. The ride was fun but the special effects were a bit scary. We also saw a short show of how they create the horror movies with lots of blood and guts and monsters. Perfect for little kids. Or not. Luckily it wasn't too graphic I guess. We totally enjoyed Universal Studios. It was hard to say goodbye to Harry Potter world. I'm pretty sure Drew was dreaming of it the entire time we were at Disney World. I would go back there in a heartbeat. That night we moved ourselves over to our Hotel at Disney World to start a new adventure there the next day. The little girls were so excited! But I'll leave that for my next post.





No comments:
Post a Comment