Thursday, May 19, 2016

6, 40(!), and 12


 My baby turned 6 in January.  Hard to believe everyone around here is getting so old!  You couldn't pay me to go back to baby days though.  Maybe a 4 year old.  So this cutie is 6, almost finished with her first year of school, and still as sweet and spicy as she was the day she was born.  I pretty much never know what I'm going to get when Bree walks in the door from school.  She could be full of info on her day, totally silent, crying, screaming like a banshee, or looking for a good, long cuddle from mom.  She keeps me on my toes.  She is definitely my most girly girl but she isn't afraid to get sweaty and dirty.  She loves to play legos and collect stuffed animals.  She has a love/hate relationship with Darcy but couldn't live without her.  She enjoys her "peace and quiet" and alone time just like her mom.  She is the most outgoing of all my kids but can still get shy if the situation is right, or wrong.  Bree had me try my hand at a Hello Kitty cake this year.  Eh, it was alright.  She appreciated it so it was worth it.  She got a pair of fancy boots that she has lived in since.  Also some legos, Shopkins, and Beados.  I sure do love this precious little person.



Paul turned 40 in March!  I don't feel like such a cougar now since we are both in the same decade.  I didn't notice him having any mid-life crisis per say, but he did buy a chainsaw for the first time in his life and proceeded to knock down a couple of trees in our front yard.  What an amazing guy Paul is.  His steady head is exactly what our family needs when my not-so-steady head starts getting out of control.  He is our rock.  He is an amazing provider and seriously my hero for putting up with me.  I asked him what was on his bucket list, since it always seems like I get to choose our adventures based on my wants, and he said he doesn't really have one, its all about the journeys.  We are so lucky to have Paul!
Miss Drew turned 12 in April!  Like I said, we're all getting so old!  I love this big girl!  It is so fun to watch her grow up.  She is such a blessing to our family.  She inherited Paul's steady head and she has calmed me on quite a few occasions.  She is a great example to me of drive, determination, and perseverance.  I see great things in her future.  And thankfully we can still stand each other.  I dread the day she no longer wants to talk to me and thinks I'm an idiot.  Oh my sweet Drewsy!  She finally got her phone this year.  I think that's how we lost her.  All of a sudden she has tons of friends, has late night movie parties on Fridays with some great friends, and is a total pre-teen in many ways.  I have to say I love that she has a phone so we can text nonsense to each other and have emoji wars.  This kid inspires me to be a better mom so I can keep pushing her to reach her potential.  What an amazing spirit we have been blessed with to raise.  Thanks Drew, for being the awesome young woman you are!  And oh yah, since she's 12, she is no longer in Primary at church.  She now attends Young Women's and mutual every Wednesday night.  What a fun age to be!


No comments: