Thursday, September 18, 2008

Drew the Scholar

Drew started preschool two weeks ago, and seems to be doing well so far. The first day the whole family packed up the car to drop her off at her new home away from home. She was a bit nervous, as was I, but she let us leave her there without any crying or making a scene. I held it together till we got home and I realized that the house just didn't feel right. Her little spirit was missing. Then I bawled for my missing sweetheart. That was the longest 2 hours and 45 minutes of Mason's and my life, waiting to pick her up from school. That was the first time I had left her in the care of someone she wasn't related to. Pathetic, I know. Paul and I need to get out more! A few days ago Drew told me that the bad girl was good today, and the good girl was bad. I wasn't sure what she meant so she explained that a couple girls aren't very nice to her and they won't let her play with certain toys. Well I was ready to head back to her school and have a chat with these little girls who were treating my Drewsy so badly. It hurt me so much to hear that someone would be mean like that for no reason that I could come up with. I have to remember my reason for sending her to preschool this year is for the social interaction and life lessons she needs. Well Drew, and mom, welcome to life. Not everyone is going to like you or even be nice to you but you have to perservere anyway. This morning I had a tailgater the entire way across town that was really bothering me, and wouldn't you know it, they were heading to Drew's school too. They made it inside sooner than we did and when Drew got inside the door she stopped dead in her tracks as the little girl turned to snear at her. Looks like Drew and I need to take on the other mom and daughter in a boxing match to straighten out their attitudes! Hoepfully Drew will come out of this experience much more wiser and well adjusted than her mom is at this moment over the whole ordeal!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Tiffiny! This was kinda funny, yet not. I so know what you mean. It's so hard to send them out into the world knowing they are going to encounter hurtful people and experiences! I hope for Drew (and you!) that things will get better and that the other little girls will warm up or shape up or whatever it is they need to do! Hang in there :) I'll come keep you company next week if you need it!

Elder Caleb Habel said...

I think other kids not being nice to your kids is my worst fear/ nightmare. Get those gloves out girl. Just kidding I don't know what I would do, but it sure would make me sad. Good luck dealing with that.