Monday, September 22, 2008

She did it!

I was so proud of my Drew! She actually said her part in her very first Primary Program at church on Sunday. She had practiced her part to the point of having it memorized and she said she was going to do it, but when the time came Sunday for her to head up to participate she got cold feet. It took a helpful Primary teacher and an older girl from Primary literally dragging her up front to find her chair. Once there, all we could see was the part in her hair as she decided the best way to deal with sitting in front of all those people was to tuck her chin to her chest and stay that way even if her life depended on looking up. When her turn came up I looked at Paul and mouthed, "There's no way she's going to do it." Then, what do you know, "I can keep my family strong by keeping the Sabbath Day holy." It was loud and clear and totally understandable! To me anyway, since I knew what she was saying. I had tears in my eyes as I realized what a huge step this was for my shy little girl. After she said her part, her head was up and she was even excited about standing up and holding 4 or 5 pictures throughout the rest of the program. WAY TO GO DREW!

No comments: