This "winter" we have been hit hard with the freezing cold and the snow. Today was the second snow fall in 4 days! That is crazy for this part of the country. I seem to remember hearing the prediction for this winter was MAYBE one snow event on the valley floor. HA! It isn't even winter yet and they are predicting a few more snowy days up till Christmas Eve! Yikes! I am fighting a severe case of cabin fever! I need to get out of this house but I really don't want to take my kids out on the slippery roads just so I can assure myself that there are still people alive out there besides my family. Today was great snow for building snowmen. I put Drew to the task of rolling a head for our snowman and she ended up with a ball larger than the base I had made! Paul decided to see just how big he could make it so we ended up with a gargantuan snowman who towers over our 6 foot tall fence! I fear we will have a snowbuddy in our back yard for months to come. That guy will never melt!
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
Round Two!
This "winter" we have been hit hard with the freezing cold and the snow. Today was the second snow fall in 4 days! That is crazy for this part of the country. I seem to remember hearing the prediction for this winter was MAYBE one snow event on the valley floor. HA! It isn't even winter yet and they are predicting a few more snowy days up till Christmas Eve! Yikes! I am fighting a severe case of cabin fever! I need to get out of this house but I really don't want to take my kids out on the slippery roads just so I can assure myself that there are still people alive out there besides my family. Today was great snow for building snowmen. I put Drew to the task of rolling a head for our snowman and she ended up with a ball larger than the base I had made! Paul decided to see just how big he could make it so we ended up with a gargantuan snowman who towers over our 6 foot tall fence! I fear we will have a snowbuddy in our back yard for months to come. That guy will never melt!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
OH MY THAT SNOWMAN IS HUGE! I predict he will be around well into January. Hey if it keeps snowing you should make a family for him to keep him company. I here you about cabin fever.
I LOVE your huge snowman! I had cabin fever bad yesterday, today it feels more like prison.
I wish the snow would stop. We have places to go over the next week and my parents are driving into town tomorrow. I was glad that I decided at the last minute to go to story time at the library on Tuesday, while the roads weren't so bad. Kirk and I also went shopping Monday and the roads weren't really that bad.
Wow you guys are true snowman builders. I am a snow grinch and our backyard is still pretty untouched.
Those are some monstrous (sp?) snowmen! We are loving the winter weather!
You guys do things BIG!!! I loved your tree and your snowmen are awesome!
Drew's face is priceless! I love it!
That is one GIGANTIC snowman!! Holy cow!
Post a Comment