Paul has decided to be very generous and let me post the picture of the Christmas tree his family put up the first Christmas we were married. We all went out together and Paul and I picked out a nice, small, noble fir, but his parents and brother picked out a full grown tree! They practically needed to hire a logger to fall this puppy! As you can see, hopefully, by the picture, in order to get it in the house and upright, they had to cut the bottom AND top off the tree so what you see is just a solid wall of square tree! This is one of my favorite Christmas memories. Not necessarily one of my favorite trees, but the memory always makes me laugh. Paul is lucky I still decided to marry him after I saw what my future in-laws were capable of! I would just like to add that I have the best in-laws in the world. I am so very lucky!
4 comments:
This made me laugh so hard. I remember a tree very much like that one at the Ericksons way back when... Looks like they just get bigger and better!
And I have to add my fond thoughts of such a great family and wonderful people.
Boy you weren't kidding, that is one big wall of tree! Fun memory!
WOW!!! That's GI-normous!!! I can't believe they had enough ornaments for it.
That is so funny! I love that kind of Christmas devotion!
Post a Comment