Sunday, January 4, 2009

Drama!

2009 has not been good to my family. We have had many injuries and its only been what, 4 days? Heaven help me if this is a taste of things to come this year! A few days ago I was shaving my legs and I sliced the tip off my pinky finger. I continued to shave my legs till I looked at my hand and there was blood everywhere! I couldn't get it to stop bleeding, and being the wuss I am when it comes to the sight of blood, I about passed out in the shower! I had to sit down and collect myself and Drew had to help me out. I showed her how to call dad at work on my cell phone in case I "fell asleep" and she couldn't wake me up. I was a mess for a few hours that morning. You would think after giving birth 3 times I would have toughened up a bit but I guess not!

Yesterday we turned our fire on in the living room. We hadn't had it on for probably over a year so its no wonder Mason had no idea he needed to stay away from it because it was hot. I turned it off and probably 2 minutes later, for some reason, Mason had the back of his left hand up against the metal grate on top of the fire place. He started to scream and I panicked and probably swore and grabbed him and ran his hand under cold water. He has 3 nice blisters across the back of his left hand, right across his knuckles. That was bad enough. Tonight he and Drew were snuggled up by the fire, watching the snow fall (AGAIN!) and I think he was using the fireplace as a support to help him up and he put his left hand on the extremely hot glass. He started screaming, I started swearing, I grabbed him, and we ran his hand under the cold water again. This time he has 3 nice blisters on his index, middle, and ring fingers. He was totally out of control, sobbing and screaming and writhing, mostly in pain, but I think the time change at church contributed a bit since he never took a nap now that we get home after 2pm. Exhaustion + owies = one freaking out little body! My poor little sweetheart cried himself to sleep and if tonight is anything like last night, he will be up crying a few times during the night. No, 2009 isn't shaping up to be a very good year so far!

10 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh Man! I sure hope things start turning around!

Paige said...

You poor thing! Maybe you are just getting all injuries out of the way for the whole year???

the Carlos Family said...

Hey--things can only get better, right?

Jodi said...

First off...I'm SO sorry!! But...bad things always come in threes, right? You totally have the rest of the year free from crazy accidents! You covered it all in the first 4 days of the year. Good for you :)

Jodi said...

Ps...Please call next time you think you are going to pass out! I am right around the corner and can be there in a second!

Anonymous said...

Girl, like Jodi said, if blood ever scares you that bad again, call me! What a bummer that your year hasn't started off that great. I hope your little guy's burns are feeling better, poor boy. Wishing you a much better week!

Elder Caleb Habel said...

I am so sorry that 2009 is off to a rocky start.

Natalee said...

Oh honey...I am soo sorry! I hope little Mason is okay! Bless his little heart and YOURS! Is your finger alright? Blood doesn't get to me the way it does you, but I am certain that I probably would have nearly passed out also if I sliced the top of my finger off!

I have to be a bit honest though...As I am reading your shaving story, the very first memory that came to me was you passing out at the blood bank that day long ago!

Love you!

Nicole said...

Oh good heavens, that sucks!! I certainly hope things turn around for the better in your household.

velvetelement said...

Ow! He will get better though and so will the year! I know it:)