Darcy is six months old! She turned in to a big kid over night it seems. She is just about sitting up by herself, with the occasional header and resulting squished nose. She blows razzberries like a pro and refuses to sit still during church. I'm ready for her to head to the nursery! She is such a sweetheart and she makes me so very happy. She is always smiling and it warms my heart even more than my daffodil sprouts! She is one happy girl and I hope this is a sign of a sunny disposition that she will carry throughout her life. What a joy to be around this little baby is!
After much cajoling on my part, Drew finally decided she would play T-Ball this spring. I have been excited for years to join the ranks of the sports moms on the sidelines, cheering my star athlete on, but for awhile I was afraid that wasn't going to happen with Miss Drewsy. She totally axed the idea of taking ballet, which broke my heart, so I wasn't surprised that she had no interest in T-Ball. Her reason was that she didn't want anyone looking at her. I explained to her that the other parents will just be looking at their kids so I would be the only one looking at her. So I stretched the truth a little! I decided not to push her into anything she didn't want to do, but for some reason she decided on her own that she would try T-Ball. She and I headed to the high school yesterday morning at 10am sharp to sign her up, and I should have known, things weren't what they seemed. Paul and I thought the fee to play was reasonable but what they don't tell you till you arrive at sign-ups, with a 4 year old all hyped to play on her first team, is that you either sign your kid up to sell at least 6 items from their fund raiser or you opt-out for $30 more. Crimony! So I call up Paul, grumbling under my breath, and we decide to let her still play, because really, how could we not, and that we would pay the darn opt-out fee since I'm not ready for my 4 year old to hit the streets hocking goods no one really wants. I guess we'll see how it goes this year, but I have definitely learned my lesson. Welcome to the world of kids sports and fundraisers. Ugh.
I have to admit January hasn't been all bad. The sunshine we have had the past couple of days has really lifted my spirits. Nothing beats a bright sunny day with sparkling blue skies and sunlight so bright you can barely keep your eyes open!
7 comments:
how fun! I keep checking my flowerbeds too. I didn't plant any daffodils but I've got tulips and crocus. At our old house the crocus usually popped up in february. Hoping to see those guys soon.
Oh and t-ball . . . be prepared to dish out more dough for pictures, trophies, and a party. :P
I have to admit January has a special place in my heart, but that's because my birthday falls during this month.
I dislike the fundraisers too! T-ball is so much fun though. It is fun to cheer for your child. Although, all the sports fees add up real quick.
Well here's a tidbit that I think will make you feel better about her choosing the T-Ball over Ballet....
Cyd has just now enrolled back into dance. She goes two nights for just over three hours each night. I pay $77.50 per month for tuition. Her three costumes cost $225. And her three comptitions will cost $135 each.
I had the same response you did as Cydnee sat there with her new dance gear, practically jumping out of her seat waiting to get into her new class as I was preparing to sign her up!
Hey, my birthday is this month so it's not all dreary and blah, although I kind of agree that January can be difficult to get through.
I laughed about T-Ball. Just wait --between the schools and sports fundraisers it can make you crazy. We just don't participate in the fundraising. It makes life less stressful. Welcome to the ranks of the sports moms!
Now I'm going to have to go inspect my flower beds! I hope Drew likes T-ball. Rowan wants to try it this year, so I'll probably see you out there.
Oh...forgot to tell you about the opt-out fee/fundraiser. UGH! I agree, it's a LOT for a little 4 or 5 year old! BUT she will have fun. I hope to see you out there :)
I love the signs of new life. I am looking forward to some warmer weather, but the sun has been delightful! I feel your pain about sports fees. Both of the boys will play and soon Alyna will need $ for track. Holy Smoke, looks like top ramen for a month! :0)
Post a Comment