
This little smiling face makes me so happy. Too bad that lately it is a face I rarely see. Mason has been having his trials lately, which have turned into my trials. Mason was such a sweet little baby. He was a good sleeper, nurser, and he just stole my heart when I first saw him. Its these memories that keep me going! I am hoping he is just going through the Terrible Two's and that he will grow out of whatever is bugging him, but it needs to be soon if I want to keep my sanity! We didn't go through anything like this with Drew so maybe its normal and I don't know it, or maybe he is doubling up on the "terrible" part to make up for Drew! He has decided to act out by hitting. Everything and everyone. It is a terrible habit and its a tough one to break. Wish us luck! And then today while I was feeding Darcy, a plastic ball made its way into the toilet and was flushed away for ever more. Who knows how to retrieve it. This little guy can drive me crazy, but just when I am at my wit's end with him, he gives me his adorable little smile and kisses me out of the blue. I love him tremendously but I am also being tried by him tremendously. He turns 3 in May, hopefully he will grow out of his troubles by then. Yah right!
Jan 24 Update - Paul took apart the toilet today and had it in the backyard with a hose running through it to pop the ball out. Thank goodness it worked! Thank goodness I have a handyman husband. Mason swears he won't do anything like that again. I'll believe that when. . .nah, I don't believe it!
8 comments:
I hate to break it to you but . . . he is a BOY. Part of it is the age but combine that with the nature of a boy and just try to smile and enjoy the ride. Boys are just wired differently than little girls, inside and out. There are nights when I fall into bed exhausted by keeping up with my boys but I wouldn't trade a moment of it and choose to embrace the chaos. As the old saying goes, Boys will be boys.
Hang in there and smile. :)
Not to burst your bubble but once the two's are gone it's something else!
But to let you in on a secret - as they get older there is so much less drama to deal with - in a strange way I miss those crazy days with Noah(I can top everyone for anything that ever has or will happen:)) - but he has turned into such a great young man. I wish I would have enjoyed him more at that age instead of feeling frustrated and not able to handle him - You are an awesome mom and you to will miss it:)
It must be a second child thing, because Cameron has yet to outgrow his crazy nature! Good luck with it.
Sorry my friend, but in my opinion 3 is worse than 2. Just know that you are not alone.
Yeah, I think whatever phase Jaxon is in now is worse than the phase Mason is in. Jaxon is the demon child...and he can only tell me so many times how beautiful I am to cover it all up!
This post makes me smile because...YOU ARE NOT ALONE!!! Ben's 2's and 3's were the MOST fun and the MOST challenging...all at the same time. Hang in there and remember to send him over to my house to play when you JUST CAN'T TAKE ANOTHER MINUTE! Swapping children can help us stay sane!
Love ya!
See, I told you it was NORMAL!!!! And Jenn seems to agree with me on the 2 vs 3 thing, too, not to worry you or anything :) Hang in there, I hope you are having a better week. I am, thank goodness!!!
Post a Comment